991 Lease Return Guidelines? Excessive Wear & Tear, Dings, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
frenzy is on a distinguished road
Question 991 Lease Return Guidelines? Excessive Wear & Tear, Dings, etc

I'm coming up on 18months of my 2 year lease. I'm trying to plan ahead on any excessive wear and tear they may ding me on - namely tires and brakes since the car is luckily ding free so far (knock on wood).

I called up Porsche Financial Services and they were no help. The guidelines won't be sent from ANOTHER department in the mail 60-90 days from return date. Apparently they are still in the age of mail only so cannot email anything over.

Does anyone have the guidelines for a recent P-car lease return they can share? Photo or scan would be great

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
The dealer should know. BMW specifies a tread depth for tires.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:58 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
I recently turned mine in early from lease since there is a conquest offer going on. SA took a glance at it and said "you should be good". I was a little surprised when he said that, I assumed someone from the dealer would inspect it while I was there.

Oh no, PFS sends someone out to inspect the cars. Apparently the dealer isnt good enough (I dont know why and didnt ask) so an independent person comes out to look it over. Since I didnt get the lease return packet, I wasnt aware there would be an "official" inspection by a third party, I guess its on the 3' long lease agreement in 6pt text. Had I known this was the case, I would have arranged the official inspection when turning my car back in. Did I mention my dealer is 9 hours away?

Couple weeks go by and I get an invoice from PFS for personal property taxes (which I will owe, but of course its not due until 12/31) along with a letter saying that I "chose to forgo a vehicle inspection..." The letter came with a pretty broad condition report. Its not specific on excess wear and tear, but covers the basics. OP, PM me your email and I will scan/send tomorrow.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks j08, just PM'ed. Hopefully the invoice wasn't too bad!

Old 08-26-2014, 08:48 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by j080808
I guess its on the 3' long lease agreement in 6pt text.
This is the only correct answer. Don't rely on Internet lore for something that may cost you money. Read the contract: It has to be spelled out in there to be enforceable.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:52 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
I just brought my car back and grounded it in Dallas last Wednesday. I had put a new set of tires on it less than 3500 miles ago. The car was in great shape. I had them fill out the grounding receipt and they took the car. It was not that big of a process. The car will stay with them until Porsche rep inspects the car at which point the dealer could buy the car or it will go to auction.

In my case they already cpo'd the car with 15k. Car should go quick

http://porschedallas.parkplace.com/u...che-911-pp4250

Last edited by tommyboy214; 08-26-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
They tend to go easy on you if you're picking up another Porsche at the same time. A friend and I returned his '11 Cayenne Turbo at Rusnak Pasadena a few months ago. The rep literally glanced over at the car, said "looks good from here," and walked us inside.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Got this in the mail with 2 weeks before my lease ends. Was supposed to receive this 60-90 days in advance, so this was not much help. Hopefully someone else would find this useful.

the only issue I had with the car was the front tires and they noted that on the datascan inspection report. A week later a Porsche finance called and said they would waive the front tires without me asking its also probably because I was 4,000mi under and the rest of the car didn't have a single ding.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:01 PM
AUDIRS6 is on a distinguished road
Did anyone have any experience with a lease return with actual damage (i.e. scratches) that was chargeable but not enough that you would fix it on your own? I have two noticeable scratches that would be considered "excessive" according to the documents above. Besides for that i found someone backed into the side of my bumper and scraped it up pretty badly . Question is what does Porsche charge for that? I debating weather or not to fix it or just letting them charge me for it. I know if i would fix it i would have to paint the whole bumper. Does it pay?

Last edited by AUDIRS6; 02-22-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:10 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I returned my last month .. no issues no charge

Old 02-22-2015, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by SLATETT
I returned my last month .. no issues no charge

What was the condition of your car?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:12 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AUDIRS6
Did anyone have any experience with a lease return with actual damage (i.e. scratches) that was chargeable but not enough that you would fix it on your own? I have two noticeable scratches that would be considered "excessive" according to the documents above. Besides for that i found someone backed into the side of my bumper and scraped it up pretty badly . Question is what does Porsche charge for that? I debating weather or not to fix it or just letting them charge me for it. I know if i would fix it i would have to paint the whole bumper. Does it pay?
I once returned a lease with above average scratches on the bumper, and they didn't charge me for it.

Rather than base your actions on anonymous Internet responses, you'd be better served if you went to the dealership that you plan to turn your car in at, and ask them.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:54 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
to be fair, when I returned my '13 C4S .. he only thing "wrong" with it was I curb'd the rear passenger tire ..

Old 02-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by beemer guy
I once returned a lease with above average scratches on the bumper, and they didn't charge me for it.

Rather than base your actions on anonymous Internet responses, you'd be better served if you went to the dealership that you plan to turn your car in at, and ask them.
I was wondering what experience others had when dealing with this. I will most likely wait until the car gets inspected by the 3rd party before i do anything but i was just wondering what to expect. If it would be as simple as going to the dealer to get all our answers this forum wouldn't exist . I would also not exactly trust what the dealer says as they are not the ones making the decision. If you look at previous posts in this exact thread you will see what i mean.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:39 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Based on my experience, it's not the dealer that makes the decisions, it's PFS. When I returned my '13 C2S to the dealership (used the pull-ahead program to get into a '15 TT back in October) they didn't say a word about excess wear and tear charges. I did have a small paint chip in my front bumper, some mild bumper rash on the rear bumper, and some very, very minor curb rash on one of the rear wheels. A few weeks later I get a bill in the mail from PFS for $1,200 in excess wear and tear charges. I called them up and told them that I've never been dinged for that sort of wear and tear (true) and that I thought it was especially ridiculous seeing as how I exited my C2S lease to get into a much more expensive TT lease. They said they'd escalate the situation to a supervisor and would call me to discuss. Never received a phone call back but received a "revised" excess wear and tear statement a few weeks later showing a $0 charge. A pretty productive phone call. Every situation is different, but you should have a leg-up especially if you'll be leasing another Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 Lease Return Guidelines? Excessive Wear & Tear, Dings, etc