Anyone have problems with clear bra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Anyone have problems with clear bra

want to get the Xpel or 3M but wondered if anyone who has had this for a year or two has noticed any yellowing or other color change over time before I pull the trigger.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
I had issues with 3M. Bugs etched the clear. Dealer did replace with so-called next gen material. He replaced the bumper material and so far so good. I may have the hood re-done as well. Was all covered under warranty.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
A lot of installers I talk to swear by the Suntek film. Say it's much better than Xpel.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
All my cars are done in Xpel. Oldest film is going on about 4 years, newest just a month. No issues at all. Still clear and no orange peel.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
I have had both 3M and then Venture shield both on white cars, I will never do any type of film on a white car ever again, it yellows over time even with proper care.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My SunTek looks great after almost two years.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///armin
I have had both 3M and then Venture shield both on white cars, I will never do any type of film on a white car ever again, it yellows over time even with proper care.
3M bought Venture shield a while back. From all of the reports I have heard the product has gone downhill big time and now yellows, just like 3M did.

The stone guards just in front of the rear wheels are 3M from the factory and they had yellowed on my car in 18 months.

I just had XPel Ultimate installed on my white 991 last week. They wrapped everything forward of the doors and replaced the factory stone guards while they were at it. We shall see how it does.

Xpel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty against yellowing. Here is the info from the Xpel website:

"What does the XPEL ULTIMATE 10 year warranty cover?"

XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. This warranty does not extend coverage to damage caused by normal wear and tear, road debris impact, accidents, collisions or intentional damage of any kind.

"Does the warranty include labor to replace the film?"

Yes. Reimbursement for labor charges covered by the warranty will be made directly to the Authorized XPEL Dealer performing warranty replacement.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I have used film fro over 5 years with no issues. The new film is great. I have had SunTek on mine for a year now and looks like new. My wife's car has had film for 4 years and no issues.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:24 AM
mtarone is on a distinguished road
Xpel on my Rhodium silver 911S. I had it on my M3 previously and never had issues with it 'yellowing' over time.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
My installer says the SunTek also blends in with the shine and sheen of the clear coat very well and doesn't yellow. I think the Xpel might be a bit duller. I believe it's much more softer too. I'd prefer a harder glossier film. The Xpel is a good film, but just has different qualities than some of the others.

As far as warranties go, what is the gimmick of lifetime? Seriously? Who keeps their cars for a lifetime or over 10 years? A daily driver with film will need replacing from just normal use in 5 years in most cases which isn't covered by the warranty anyway.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 AM
mad_max will become famous soon enough
Just had mine done with Xpel last weekend. My installer also uses Suntek. This is a first car I'm having a clear bra done, so I'll see how it holds up. Yellowing is least of my worries since my car is yellow.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:00 AM
MikeDi is on a distinguished road
XPEL on my Red C4S. Still looks perfect after one year.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:36 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Doc I brought my car into Park Place this morning for the clear wrap and tint before leaving town
For business. I pick it back up Friday. If around this week end you are welcome to check out the work they did.

I use Brian at Detailwerks for detailing on my cars and he is the best in Dallas period. He works with Norm and also the guys at speedshield in Addison for these installs and new dealer prep. They are said to be the best clear bra installers in Dallas and us Xpel. I went with Park Place because if I have a problem I know they will fix it. Their service department is great.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Thanks, Tommyboy! I have been doing my research and am deciding between couple of installers who have good feedback and several years experience vs using Park Place. Tough decision, but with my PTS color I may feel more comfortable using the dealership in this case.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:14 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Sounds good. I took the dealer route, I had seen there work. There will be no edges. They also gave me a good deal to do the ceramic window tint and full fender, hood, bumper and mirrors. I can pm you the price they gave if interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have problems with clear bra