PCM 3.1 Online Services

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 12:27 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
PCM 3.1 Online Services

I saw this on Suncoast's website.

Anyone get or try this yet?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Interioraudio

Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I saw this on Suncoast's website.

Anyone get or try this yet?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Interioraudio
Why would I, since it comes for free now? I believe it was a optional item originally, but by my 2014 model it is included free. So maybe for 2012 you still had to buy it.

That said it is by far the most useless feature available for a 991.. I loaded the AHA app and tried it out.. Played with it for 15 minutes and decided it was useless and removed the AHA app from my phone.

This does what similar apps I've seen on Toyota/Lexus and others (which of course are free) which put an app on your phone that has internet connectivity. And allows you to interact with the app via the PCM display. Stuff like streaming audio, facebook etc, weather..

Unfortunately it is just easier to use your phone directly than it is the clumsy PCM User interface.

The most useful thing is streaming audio and in general it is just easier to run pandora (or other app) on your phone and stream via Bluetooth or wired as an external audio device.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste your money...

Last edited by scatkins; 08-28-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:28 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Ok, I hadn't seen this and was wondering.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Ok, I hadn't seen this and was wondering.
Based on your signature, you have a 2012 right? It is possible you already have it for free, although I seem to recall it was an "info-tainment option" on the on-line configurator.

You can download the AHA app which is free for iOS or android phones and put it on your phone and try it out to see if the integration is already enabled in your PCM (the $250 is essentially just to have it enable so that you can access the AHA features on the PCM display).

Even if it isn't enabled, you can see what the AHA app has to offer and get a little better feel for what it does and if that kind of thing has value for you.

As I indicated, IMHO I thought it was rubbish. But who knows, maybe I'm being narrow minded.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Cheekymonkeyman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scatkins
Based on your signature, you have a 2012 right? It is possible you already have it for free, although I seem to recall it was an "info-tainment option" on the on-line configurator. You can download the AHA app which is free for iOS or android phones and put it on your phone and try it out to see if the integration is already enabled in your PCM (the $250 is essentially just to have it enable so that you can access the AHA features on the PCM display). Even if it isn't enabled, you can see what the AHA app has to offer and get a little better feel for what it does and if that kind of thing has value for you. As I indicated, IMHO I thought it was rubbish. But who knows, maybe I'm being narrow minded.
+1 Downloaded it... Played with it... Deleted it...

Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks again for taking the time to explain.
I saw it on Suncoast and thought it was something new.

Old 01-02-2021, 01:01 AM
misk is an unknown quantity at this point
I really find that disappointing to have all these features including online services disabled in the car. The pcm support as well chafing the boot logo, the logbook, online services and many more. All these are disabled waiting for some $$$ to get enabled. Really disappointing from Porshe !

Last edited by misk; 01-23-2021 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:23 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
does not work on 2012