Has anyone bought from RSS directly ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
Has anyone bought from RSS directly ?

I bought a set of spacers from them, they don't answer emails, don't answer phone calls, don't answer voice mails( voice mail are full) customer service sucksss .. I'm traveling and wanted to know the status of my order before my trip, don't want the box sitting outside for a week, my Dealer parts guy told me the same thing, they suck its a pain to get things from them.. any feedback?

Old 08-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by solrac6262
I bought a set of spacers from them, they don't answer emails, don't answer phone calls, don't answer voice mails( voice mail are full) customer service sucksss .. I'm traveling and wanted to know the status of my order before my trip, don't want the box sitting outside for a week, my Dealer parts guy told me the same thing, they suck its a pain to get things from them.. any feedback?
I believe they closed.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:21 AM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
thanks for letting me know

Old 08-31-2014, 06:47 AM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
I recently ordered spacers from RSS (first time customer). They were shipped in a timely fashion and a tracking number was provided. The spacers are very well made and fit perfectly, no issues. I haven't tried contacting them, however.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by PertPlus
I believe they closed.
That's bad news.... where did you hear this?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:16 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Closed shop completely???

I actually needed to speak to them regarding my GT3 RSS exhaust.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by avi8tir
That's bad news.... where did you hear this?

From several shops in the Southern California area and a former employee. I believe just the automotive division closed, as I think RSS is a much bigger company than their car division.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by STALKER
Closed shop completely???

I actually needed to speak to them regarding my GT3 RSS exhaust.
good luck if you can leave a voice mail.. its been a week that I placed my order, never got charged either.. I'm buying from someone else

Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 AM
mad_max will become famous soon enough
I ordered a set of spacers about two weeks ago and had them delivered without issue. I did try to get on phone with them before the order but had no luck. If they closed down shop it would have to be as recently as last week.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:09 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by PertPlus
From several shops in the Southern California area and a former employee. I believe just the automotive division closed, as I think RSS is a much bigger company than their car division.
Thats a bummer. They did all the work on my 997.2 GT3 and I was planning on handing over my 991 GT3 to them as soon as it arrives.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RSSmike
For the record we are not closed, but have experienced an extreme cutback in staffing. Basically it is only me, Jon, doing absolutely EVERYTHING involved in getting parts to our customers. Emails are answered generally every day, however phone calls are not being answered at this time. If you have a question or technical support issue, email is the best way to get in touch with us. Yes Mike has left RSS for another local shop.
Jesus!! What Happened?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
For the record we are not closed, but have experienced an extreme cutback in staffing. Basically it is only me, Jon, doing absolutely EVERYTHING involved in getting parts to our customers. Emails are answered generally every day, however phone calls are not being answered at this time. If you have a question or technical support issue, email is the best way to get in touch with us. Yes Mike has left RSS for another local shop.
That doesn't sound like a cutback, that sounds more like a genocide.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear about your staffing issues, hope you get some help soon. Glad you're still operating.

BTW, I really like the 7mm RSS spacers I fitted to my Cayman S (rear wheels only). The track looks much better now and rear-end feels a bit more planted in the turns - small difference, but noticeable.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I never received an email back or status of my order. so either phone or email is the same thing, they don't get answered

Old 09-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Solrac6262, Sorry about that, as I said I am a one man show here these days, please resend the email request if you can and I will get the information to you ASAP. I apologize for the inconvenience, I will get to it as my day is strictly divided between sales, tech support, inventory control, assembly, packing and shipping, plus a few hats I am either forgetting or choose not to mention. (You can probably tell from that shortlist that I have very little time to spend answering phones)
I place an order last tuesday, as I have a trip this week I didn't want the package sitting outside and just wanted to get my tracking info..this is the Order Number: 14238-51765-97198
08/26/2014
maybe because its such a small order..a set of spacers didn't get any priority
sorry you are short on people, I was the way you are 3 weeks ago and I had to do a few peoples job, but work needs to be done or customers won't come back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought from RSS directly ?