10,000 Mile Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
10,000 Mile Update

I have been kind of quiet on here lately but wanted to check in as my 2013 991 C4S just rolled 10,000 miles. Here are a few observations after 10,000 miles / 18 months of ownership:

1) Car has been flawless in terms of reliability. Couple little items easily handled by service on first try.

2) Car is a pleasure to drive daily (PDK) for my 17 mile commute from Northern NJ to lower NYC everyday.

3) Right out of the box it's a very capable track car. Recently went to NJMP and did approx 40 laps around NJMP Thunderbolt. Car was great. Far better than I was (first time on this track). Only mod was high temp brake fluid.

4) Can honestly say this has eclipsed the 2003 E39 M5 I had as my all time favorite car.

5) Contrary to recent posts which I refrained from posting, the connection to this car is quite remarkable. Porsche did an amazing job and in terms of "value" I am happy customer. Is it expensive, Yes. Is it worth is, Hell Yes.

6) Favorite options: PDCC, SC, PSE and of course PDK. PDK just because of my commute. If this was a weekend car, might seriously do the 7 MT. BTW PDK was amazing on the track.

That's it. Need to get to work. Just wanted to share my experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10000 Miles.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	400667

Last edited by Michael_s; 09-02-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:19 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
congrats on 10K and the trouble free experience, nice writeup

Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Thank you much for the great write-up... great to know. It may take me a while to get to 10k but nice to know someone else has had a great experience getting there! I hope to experience the same.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
I agree. Just hit the magic mark on last week. Wanted to change the oil, but had to fly to Ireland.

The MT and the AWE exhaust are my favorite. Can't wait to get home and get the newCup tires mounted!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10000.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	400703  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Great update! I just broke 9,000....hope to break 10,000 before winter sets in!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:33 PM
twodan is on a distinguished road
I have over 13K on my 2013 C2 Cab and have only cosmetic issues which my dealer has taken care of. The stitching on my top was coming undone; top replaced. The rear lights seemed to be coming apart on the lower seam with the red laminate separating; both replaced. Then the updates, exhaust hose etc. Took too long to get my dream car, and now that I have it, I drive it whenever I can.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Drive your cars fellas. Whether you have 5000 miles or 25000 miles, these cars depreciate. Don't save it for the next guy. Despite what people might think, they do drive in the rain and below 40 degrees.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
wow .. I'm going to have to play catch up - I only have 5k on my '13 C4S .. and I got to think hard about #4 .. my '03 M5 was a hoot

Old 09-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Drive your cars fellas. Whether you have 5000 miles or 25000 miles, these cars depreciate. Don't save it for the next guy. Despite what people might think, they do drive in the rain and below 40 degrees.
I babied my previous Corvette - 1 of 3 cars we had, mass transit for commuting and (not by design) picked it up two weeks before we found out we were expecting our first child. Two more kids later and I wound up only putting 16k miles on it over 8 1/2 years.

Never again. I am determined to drive the heck out of my Carrera S! (And take good care of it, of course, but I do not wish to save it for the next owner!)

Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hurricane
I babied my previous Corvette - 1 of 3 cars we had, mass transit for commuting and (not by design) picked it up two weeks before we found out we were expecting our first child. Two more kids later and I wound up only putting 16k miles on it over 8 1/2 years. Never again. I am determined to drive the heck out of my Carrera S! (And take good care of it, of course, but I do not wish to save it for the next owner!)
That's the spirit!!