What you guys think about clear tail lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 04:26 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I prefer red.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:00 AM
todd92 is on a distinguished road
Why try to make a 911 look like a Civic?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I think they look stupid.

Hey, you asked.

That said, it's your car and you need to make you happy, not me.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
^ This.

I think they look awful on on dark colored cars, a little less awful on white/silver.

Having said that, it doesn't matter that I don't like them. Only matters if you like them. you may not like my wheels, tint, radar install, etc. but I do.

Exactly the reason why Porsche makes so many options. We all have different opinions and likes and we will can modify as we see fit.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:31 AM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
looks like 50/50 some don't like them, but I'll see worst case scenario is not to put them on..

Originally Posted by todd92
Why try to make a 911 look like a Civic?
I don't like civic's and definitely not going that route, I like the clean look

Old 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NSD991
I just ordered some for my Dark Blue Metallic 991S a few days ago. Should get them by the end of the week. Will post pictures and impressions here. I've never seen the clear lenses in person.
I have the same color car. I was thinking about getting them too. Looking forward to your thoughts and pics. I assume you are going to put them in yourself.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Not fan of clear rear lenses, but would agree that they do look best on a darker car because of the obvious contrast.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
They look great. Very nice touch. It's different and sets the car apart.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
need4speedmotors has a spectacular aura aboutneed4speedmotors has a spectacular aura about
The first thing I did when I got my 991 was switch to the clear tails. IMO they look better than the red especially on a white car. I do think the red tails look better on a C4S because of the red stripe tail light.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
shaytun will become famous soon enoughshaytun will become famous soon enough
Obviously, all about personal taste. To me clear lights are a bit boy-racer and I'd take the plain red on any color. But don't worry what others think. If it makes you smile more, go with clear.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shaytun
Obviously, all about personal taste. To me clear lights are a bit boy-racer and I'd take the plain red on any color. But don't worry what others think. If it makes you smile more, go with clear.
+1.

FWIW, I've seen very few 991s that pull off the clear tail lights. It makes the rear end look cheap on most colors IMO. But, throw them on and give us some pics, especially from a distance!

Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I have a White 991S Cab with red top and interior. Originally ordered the white/clear but thankfully changed order, before production, to the red to have a better colour combo on rear of car. I think white car needs the offsetting red to bring out the white better. I've now also painted the wheels red and also the front vent slats. I get many, many complements on the colour combination.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:08 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by solrac6262
I bought a set of clear taillights, wondering what you guys like the best red or clear? I have a white car
I installed clear tail lights and clear side lamps this weekend. After installing, I think I prefer the clear. My car is Basalt Black. If I get tired of them, I will switch back and forth. The whole process to put them on took me 20 minutes for all four.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !
Like the second picture best

Old 09-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
The clear ones look great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What you guys think about clear tail lights?