need help with a watch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:52 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
This should work. It's the correct color but requires some calibration and a mount
https://www.ab.ust.hk/fmo/sundial/

Old 09-19-2014, 05:27 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Oh dear...

Old 09-19-2014, 08:03 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
I have a watch collection problem and like to have a variety of different brands and style watches. I am not a big Rolex fan but think the two mentioned here (Sea Dweller and Daytona) are my favorite but as I said they are not really red. I could easily see wanting to get a red watch. I have specifically picked up a few dive watches with different colored dials.

I probably also agree Tag is not quite on par with Rolex, Breitling or Omega but my Carrera Calibre 36 Flyback is one of my favorite and nicest sport watches. I have a couple of both but prefer Omega over Beitling because Breilting watches are a little to busy on the dial and oversized in general but then my 1950 Premier tri compax is one of my favorite watches. Actually I keep saying a certain watch is one of my favorites because I guess they all are at one point in time and that is why I buy them.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 AM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by studlee
I drive a guards red 911. Need help finding a watch that would match the color of the car....preferable the band that be replaceable with different colors. Budget is 10,000
Here's a Tag Heur - not sure if its still made but may be available on Ebay.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:33 AM
studlee is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the recommendations. Times pieces are so beautiful and i had no idea where to start and i know you guys have great taste. after all we drive the same car! =) keep it coming guys!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I have a white 991S Cab with red interior/roof and trim (wheels painted etc). I'm also looking for a Red watch. Already have a Daytona but looking for a fun watch but not at Porsche Design prices (not sure they still make the red faced one anyway). Can't find much in Vancouver but going to Stuttgart next week and see what I can find. Not interested in the watches Porsche itself sells as I already have 4 of those (they're made by Fossil) and one is partly red (the 917 #23 watch). These are just not well built and 2 of my 4 need service to align the second hand properly.
Like the idea of a Swatch as this is just for fun.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:57 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I have a white 991S Cab with red interior/roof and trim (wheels painted etc). I'm also looking for a Red watch. Already have a Daytona but looking for a fun watch but not at Porsche Design prices (not sure they still make the red faced one anyway). Can't find much in Vancouver but going to Stuttgart next week and see what I can find. Not interested in the watches Porsche itself sells as I already have 4 of those (they're made by Fossil) and one is partly red (the 917 #23 watch). These are just not well built and 2 of my 4 need service to align the second hand properly. Like the idea of a Swatch as this is just for fun.
The Swatch look cool, are affordable (under $100), have tons of designs, and better quality than the Fossil/Porsche Design/over priced blah blah ..

Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
To be clear there are watches made for the Porsche design drivers selection that are around $500 and are available thru Suncoast. Then there are watches made for the company called Porsche Design which was or maybe still is owned by another branch of the Porsche family. These are much more expensive mechanical watches some of which were made by companies like IWC who are among the best watch makers in the world. For instance the later company made a titanium dive watch thru IWC that is considered one of the classic dive watch ever made. Well used older ones can sell for over 10k on the used market

Last edited by JamesKen; 09-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:35 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I did a search for red watches and came up with a lot of choices.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	red watches.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	537.7 KB
ID:	402202  
Old 09-19-2014, 02:41 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Watch

Your search may be over?
I own this watch a few months and haven't worn it much.
Made especially for Porsche, it's engraved PORSCHE on the top front.
Rights to make a similar watch are by parent company,....I forget?
Black/Red deployment strap.
Automatic,Glass back, Ltd edition.

Cheap too! $800 shipped in Conus

Name:	20140919_161832.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	402217   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140919_162038.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	402218   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140919_161959.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	402219  
Old 09-19-2014, 03:02 PM
^^^ that watch is an AWI Cintree Curvex (Armenian Watch International made in Armenia). It was designed by Franck Muller who is a very respected high end watch maker who owns part of AWI. It is sort of a replica of the Muller Cintree Curvex. Personally I think red is an odd color strap to put on it but YMMV.

I have purchased several used watches most of them vintage and if you do your homework it is a great way to get a vintage, or late model but discontinued watch or an almost new watch at a good price but it is also real easy to get ripped off.

Last edited by JamesKen; 09-19-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Save about $30K here is the perfect one to go with Guards Red 991. For me, I wear a Rolex Daytona.

Name:	Audemars Piguet Singapore2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	402261  
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Save about $30K here is the perfect one to go with Guards Red 991. For me, I wear a Rolex Daytona.
That AP had a last known retail price of $18,800.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:48 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
GMT Master II , red Rubber B band.
Classic beauty.

Name:	GMT%20II%20rd_1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	402262  
Old 09-19-2014, 10:00 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
GMT Master II , red Rubber B band. Classic beauty.
Best one I've seen yet with the Swatch a close second!

Great job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help with a watch