38000 spark plugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:41 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
Probably. I did see a 1.5 to 2 mpg improvement after they were changed
Hunh, that's pretty significant.. Was trying to decide if I want to change them early or not..

I've already bought a couple sets of them on-line and they are fairly cheap. Guess I'll pop them in next time I have the rear bumper off.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rnl
Probably. I did see a 1.5 to 2 mpg improvement after they were changed
Then again, you change the filter and the Plugs and the same time so it's probably hard to know which had the greater effect.. I'd expect the dirty filter to hit performance more than Gas mileage... In either case both are cheap as a DIY..

Old 10-10-2014, 06:19 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
then again, you change the filter and the plugs and the same time so it's probably hard to know which had the greater effect.. I'd expect the dirty filter to hit performance more than gas mileage... In either case both are cheap as a diy..
+1..

Old 10-10-2014, 06:46 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Yep, I was assuming it was a combination.

ChuckJ

Old 06-23-2015, 09:15 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Do you happen to know the size of the spark plug socket? Some have said regular spark plug sockets are too small in length...

Old 06-24-2015, 06:17 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
38000 spark plugs

Looks like an ordinary plug

Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Has anyone done a spark plug change recently at the dealer and if so how much did you pay?

Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
My car is now 4 years old it only has 6000 miles on it. The dealer wanted to do a air filter change as well as cabin filter and spark plugs. That is part of the 4 year or 40,000 mile service. I don't think that any of them need to be changed at that mileage. The car stays in an air conditioned garage and is only driven in nice weather. Do you think I was right to tell them not to do those services? Also how hard would it be to change them myself?

Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 PM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
What was their reasoning?

And in FL isn't every day nice weather? I would be exercising that 911 every day.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:25 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Wow!
Almost 40k miles? Thats a lot of driving.
You mean, Smiling!...lol

Old 06-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CSK 991 C4S
What was their reasoning?

And in FL isn't every day nice weather? I would be exercising that 911 every day.
They said it is part of the 4year or 40000 mile service.
The weather is nice most of the time especially in the winter. I try to use all of my cars. The 911 is a great car to drive and I really should drive all of my cars more.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:06 AM
zx5go is on a distinguished road
Cabin filters can pick up smells from even a small amount of dirt/moisture from limited driving. If any, that's the item I'd go ahead and change by time even if mileage was low.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:56 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Mine has 17,000 at 4 years and the dealer did not recommend an engine air filter or plugs.

ChuckJ

Old 06-15-2016, 10:33 AM
rnl
Originally Posted by Gene G
My car is now 4 years old it only has 6000 miles on it. The dealer wanted to do a air filter change as well as cabin filter and spark plugs. That is part of the 4 year or 40,000 mile service. I don't think that any of them need to be changed at that mileage. The car stays in an air conditioned garage and is only driven in nice weather. Do you think I was right to tell them not to do those services? Also how hard would it be to change them myself?
"Are you aware if they have a boat payment due?" Credit to Click and to Clack (may he rest in peace).

Old 06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
dealers in the Northern NJ area want $2200 plus tax...yikes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 38000 spark plugs