C2 vs C2S performance & sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 04:10 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
There's guys in here that can't even make up their mind between clear tail lights on here, so your situation is a little more complicated. Ha ha.

When you drive, you'll have your mind made up within the hour.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
You have to go with the S. I had a c2 and it was a great car. As stg said I'd rather have a c2s with less options than a highly optioned c2. I would however continue to look for a c2s with sports chrono.
A C2 with SC and PDK does 60 in 4.2 seconds vs 4.1 for an S without SC. I own a C2 with PDK and SC and it's quicker than the law allows . If they had been manual cars I would have said the S because it would be nice to have the extra torque, but the PDK provides a mini-launch control that takes the RPM to 3500 when you get on it giving you plenty of HP and torque. If I remember correctly, the residual value of the C2 was better than the S also, indicating that the depreciation is better. SC provides hydraulic dampners on the engine which smooths out any 1st or 2nd order vibrations that crop up. IMHO the power steering option is not beneficial unless you really must have effort free steering at low speeds. I could have anything I wanted and I didn't choose it. PSE and SC are important. All that said, a 2014 has a year's depreciation on it. Don't forget you can order it and get whatever you want and not pay for things you don't need or want. Have fun with whatever you choose!

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 09-28-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:25 PM
ctm14 is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone great comments. I have driven the base and will go and drive the C2S. I appreciate the feedback, it will help me as I evaluate and test drive the cars.

Great forum I look forward to participating once I have a 911.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:27 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ctm14
Thanks everyone great comments. I have driven the base and will go and drive the C2S. I appreciate the feedback, it will help me as I evaluate and test drive the cars. Great forum I look forward to participating once I have a 911.
Keep us posted please. Let us know what you think of the S. If you can find an S with Sport Chrono in your price range you'll be golden. If you can swing PSE too you're in heaven.

If you absolutely had to pick between the two you listed AND are leasing, the C2 should suit your needs. With the Sport Chrono and PSE it will be a lot of fun. I'm just not sure about the S without Crono or the PSE.

Your C2 build as an S would be ideal, but like you mentioned the price might be high. There are so many different builds out there. Shop around.

Regardless, good luck and hope to see you back.

Last edited by STG991; 09-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:05 PM
medacus will become famous soon enough
I test drove the C2 and C2S and walked away with a C2. It really depends on what kind of person you are and how the car will fit your needs. I have SC and PDK, I do not track my car. I almost wish sometimes that it wasn't as fast as it was but see that is just me. In second gear getting over 5k rpm you are already past the speed limit. Some people have to have the S because the speed suits them better. To each their own. To tell you the truth I really couldn't tell the difference in speed between the two but that's just me. Sport chrono is really nice though. I do agree that if you get PDK then sport chrono is recommended.

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
A C2 with SC and PDK does 60 in 4.2 seconds vs 4.1 for an S without SC. I own a C2 with PDK and SC and it's quicker than the law allows . If they had been manual cars I would have said the S because it would be nice to have the extra torque, but the PDK provides a mini-launch control that takes the RPM to 3500 when you get on it giving you plenty of HP and torque. If I remember correctly, the residual value of the C2 was better than the S also, indicating that the depreciation is better. SC provides hydraulic dampners on the engine which smooths out any 1st or 2nd order vibrations that crop up. IMHO the power steering option is not beneficial unless you really must have effort free steering at low speeds. I could have anything I wanted and I didn't choose it. PSE and SC are important. All that said, a 2014 has a year's depreciation on it. Don't forget you can order it and get whatever you want and not pay for things you don't need or want. Have fun with whatever you choose!

ChuckJ

Old 09-29-2014, 03:20 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
You dont need an extra 50 hp or bigger front brakes for any situation. Unless you are a competitive racer who tracks the car frequently (and even then you prob don't need it). Sure its nice... but whats nicer is having PSE and Sports Chrono.

Hey if you could have it all go for a turbo S, but if its between bigger brakes and 50 hp vs PSE and Sports Chrono go for the C2.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:22 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
The better you get as a driver, the less you feel the need to get an S ;-)

Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
What car did you end up with?

Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
I own a 2014 C2. I love it. I didn't want to spend the extra money on a C2S. $100,000 was enough to spend on a car for me personally. The only thing I really regret getting is the PSE. It's so much more to put it on aftermarket. Here's my car.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Beautiful, HAWC!

ChuckJ

Old 10-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
What car did you end up with?
Well work travel has gotten in the way the last week and I haven't been able to devote my attention. I am back and planning to make a purchase very soon.

I can see there are devotees on both sides of the C2/C2S debate. The one comment made that has me interested in the C2S was the better low end torque on the S. Living in CA I will use this car most days and can see enjoying the extra torque when darting around town. They are both plenty fast but having to rev the engine higher to get the performance sounds more like back road weekend driving than jumping in between cars on the highway. Is that an accurate understanding of the benefit of more low end torque?

Old 10-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by hawc
I own a 2014 C2. I love it. I didn't want to spend the extra money on a C2S. $100,000 was enough to spend on a car for me personally. The only thing I really regret getting is the PSE. It's so much more to put it on aftermarket. Here's my car.

Hawc your car is a real beauty. I love black but couldn't dedicate the time you must spend keeping it looking like that. You mention regretting not having PSE. You are not the first to say that. I am having a hard time understanding why PSE is rated so high by those with experience.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:00 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
The PSE is so highly regarded because the Porsche flat 6, either 3.4 or 3.8 just sound fantastic. If you do not currently drive a Porsche 911(Boxster/Cayman)you would not fully appreciate the sound of a flat six behind you until you own one. The car sounds good without it but is intoxicating with burbles, cracks and over runs that PSE provides.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I am looking for opinions between C2 including sport chrono, sport exhaust, & pwr steering plus versus a C2S with premium plus. These are the main differences as far as options go and both have S wheels. The price point looks to be about 3K more for the "S" so not much.

Is going with the "S" a no brainer, because the SC & PSE on the C2 are pulling me towards the base car. Just looking for opinions I realize personal preferences vary.

Thanks
OK, here are my opinions. The "S" is the way to go. Both SC and PSE are overpriced ridiculous options. Power steering plus is not necessary.

Since you are leasing, it may interest you to know that the residual on the non-S is slightly higher (percentage-wise) than the S, but I think the enjoyment of driving the S will more than make up for the $23 a month.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:11 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Is that an accurate understanding of the benefit of more low end torque?
Yes.

Aside from having another 50 horsepower, the additional torque is felt at the lower RPMs, where you use the car the most.

Also the "S" has PASM standard, which helps with ride comfort (in "normal" mode).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C2 vs C2S performance & sound