C2 vs C2S performance & sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 10:29 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctm14
Hawc your car is a real beauty. I love black but couldn't dedicate the time you must spend keeping it looking like that. You mention regretting not having PSE. I am having a hard time understanding why PSE is rated so high by those with experience.
Thanks ctm14 and ChuckJ, my girlfriend laughs at how often I clean it and because it's black it only stays that clean for about 2 or 3 days, but it sure is pretty when it's clean.

Regarding the PSE, I can compare it to Ducati and Termignoni exhausts. The Ducati has a beautiful unique sounding engine like nothing else on the road and you can't properly hear it or appreciate it without a Termignoni exhaust. The Porsche's flat-6 is similarly unique and beautiful. Unfortunatly the base exhaust set up really mutes a lot of the noise. I really, really with I had ordered PSE. I think it was about a $3K option from the factory and now will be $6K at the dealer.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Pez D. Spencer is on a distinguished road
Someone, either here or Rlist, commented that on the interstate with the PSE open, the reduced backpressure of the exhaust gave him 2 MPG better. Some were skeptical of that claim, others said it sounded logical. YMMV?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:12 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Is that an accurate understanding of the benefit of more low end torque?
Yes it is, I had both and even though none is a torque monster, my 4S "feels" much, much faster when driving relaxed arround town.
But from my experience, If I rev the cr@p out of them, I can hardly tell a difference on their performance. At the end of the day, these are high revving machines, but most of time, I dont like to drive like an idiot, so the aditional low end torque is a bonus to me.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:45 PM
ctm14 is on a distinguished road
Quick Update,

The consensus amongst the replies was go with the "S" even if it is less equipped. I liked the idea of the improved low end torque for zipping in and out of traffic but wasn't sure about giving up options, SC & PSE in particular. Beemer guy helped with his downplaying of these options and sure if $ were no object they would have been nice to have.

I pulled the trigger on a new 2014 C2S. The car is en route from the east coast to San Diego. Discount was much better than CA and the sales guy in NJ didn't have an attitude like I was seeing out here & especially in LA.

The car is White/Luxor
* PDK
* Premium w/PDLs
* Sunroof
* Multi-function steering
* 14 way leather seats
* Pwr steering Plus
* Belts in Luxor
* Telephone module
* Colored wheel center caps

Thank you to everyone and the forum for all the great information. I am looking forward to the car and should have it in a week or so.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:06 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Awesome!! Congrats.

It's nice to see when someone actually pulls it off. You see a lot of "window shoppers" stop through talking the talk, but most of the time disappear.

You're going to love it! Keep us posted. You're going to love getting the S.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:28 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Congrats! I can't wait for pics!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I pulled the trigger on a new 2014 C2S.
Awesome! Congrats!!!! We want pictures when it arrives.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:51 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Great choice. What dealership did you get it with? I have never had luck with any Porsche dealers in or around southern NJ.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Vetsky is on a distinguished road
Congrats. You will love it.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. Good move to go with the S. You'll love it. Post pics please when it arrives.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 PM
ctm14 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Great choice. What dealership did you get it with? I have never had luck with any Porsche dealers in or around southern NJ.
I purchased from Porsche of Atlantic City. My sales guy was Alex and he was easy going like I would have expected the guys out here in CA to have been. The San Diego dealers were fine but didn't have the car I wanted. The LA dealers had a better selection but were not willing to deal and made me feel like they were doing me a favor. You shouldn't feel that way with this type of purchase.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:21 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
That is a very small dealership. I am surprised they had anything. I hope you did well on the price.
Congrats again.