Which of these 3 sounds better?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 03:01 AM
CmannP is on a distinguished road
Which of these 3 sounds better?!

I just want to hear people's opinions on something. I've found 3 videos of Porsche 991 exhaust upgrades (admittedly one is on a turbo) and I was just wondering which one you all thought sounded better. (I know which one I prefer ) Take a look here and let me know what you think: http://www.mulgari.com/porsche-911-9...exhaust-tuning

Old 10-17-2014, 05:51 AM
rallybagger is on a distinguished road
In real life, I can only comment on one; AWE sounds amazing. I had the pleasure of spending two days with that exhaust on a 991 and it was fantastic. SE button off and it was content on lugging along with no drone. SE button on and it woke up the dead, with all the right pops and burbles.

I grew fond of that exhaust.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 AM
CmannP is on a distinguished road
Rallybagger I'm incredibly jealous you've heard one (let alone driven one!) in real life. Based on the video alone it sounds fantastic. Where was it you drove it if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
The best exhaust I've ever heard on any porsche is the awe swtichpath. I drove to an event this summer with some buddies and a friend just got it on a 991 C2S and I couldn't believe the sound coming from his car. I have a catless hight flow on my 996tt and it sounds like crap next to him. Another friend had a catless 930 sc and a 930 turbo and by far this awe exhaust had lambo and Ferrari guys turning their heads.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:10 PM
rusty22039 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Price no object, I'd go for the Akra. I just like how raspy it is. For the rest of us mere mortals I'd have to vote for the Switchpath.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:14 AM
rallybagger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CmannP
Rallybagger I'm incredibly jealous you've heard one (let alone driven one!) in real life. Based on the video alone it sounds fantastic. Where was it you drove it if you don't mind me asking?
My local dealer had someone who traded up to a Turbo S, after only 4 months with the C2S. He had installed the AWE and left it on, the dealer was nice enough to let me take it for an "extended" test drive over night. The sound is fantastic!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:55 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
I prefer the sound of the Turbo overall. Of the other two, I prefer the first one.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words guys!

The SwitchPath™ system on the 991 is really popular. Might not be as hard as you might think to find one if you want to hear it in person.

CmannP, if you want more info we have a dealer about an 1 from you in Southampton. http://www.regal-auto.co.uk/

PM me if you have any more questions.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
We have done Countless 991's (both turbo's and just S/4S) with the AWE tuning system and it sounds just amazing. We have yet another one here at the shop now getting fitted with one as I type!

We have the system's in stock ready to ship out (both PSE and non-PSE), give us a call today!

Old 10-22-2014, 04:49 PM
o98eclipse is on a distinguished road
That would be my car TAG Motorsports is working on. I'm excited to hear it/see it along with the rest of the build. TAG Motorports is a legit shop and I couldn't recommend them enough for your auto performance needs.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by o98eclipse
That would be my car TAG Motorsports is working on. I'm excited to hear it/see it along with the rest of the build. TAG Motorports is a legit shop and I couldn't recommend them enough for your auto performance needs.
Thanks Mike

Just wait til you see what she looks/sounds like Tomorrow after the HRE's, Vorsteiner goodies, and AWE Exhaust