Your 991 have build quality issues ? Consider yorself lucky!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:27 AM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
2012 991 base with 20K miles now. My dealer fixed:
-sunroof creak
-driver side rattling side mirror button
-fuel tank rubbing against firewall
-both door panels due to panel to frame lack of glue
I still have a small rattle from the passenger side - dashboard but I have run out of energy...I do love the car.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
No quality related issues with mine so I guess I'm lucky..

I do tend to never buy first years of a new model of anything.. As in general you would expect a lot more things in early production.. But from the looks of it, there seem to be issues even with the 14's.. So maybe it is just luck..

Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 AM
DKC
DKC is on a distinguished road
2013 C4S (so not first year), 10k miles.

Numerous rattles from driver's door, sunroof, dash left and right, creaking driver's seat, rear parcel shelf trim, rear seat trim etc etc. Multiple attempts from dealers and still not fixed completely. Particularly Sunroof and driver's door have been fixed twice and still rattling. Also rattle from the hollow drive shaft which has been fixed.

Then there is 2x faulty change over valves replaced (PSE and heating) but then they refused to replace the other 6 until they go.

This is my first Porsche and the build quality is shocking. May be my Porsche experience will be better if my hearing starts to fade when I get older.

Last edited by DKC; 10-26-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:01 PM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
2013 911S Cab = zero problems!

Old 10-26-2014, 05:49 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
For those who claim zero problems, it would help if you could indicate your mileage. It's one thing not to have any issues at 1,000 miles; it's another not to have had any issues at 20,000 miles.

I absolutely love my 2013 C4S and wouldn't trade it for any other car. But with 19,000 miles, I have had a good number of trips to the dealer for new solenoids, software recalls, rattles, etc. None of these things were difficult to fix, but they were annoying and detracted from my overall experience with the car.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
To the OP, I had issues from day one but most of them were compounded by the lack of competent service. At one year out and about 4,000 miles the car is a joy. It is awesome and the best vehicle I have ever owned. Just wish the service department took time to diagnose issues and read the advisories PCNA sent out. Too bad they are incented replace parts instead of taking time to think things out. It cost me 5 weeks in the shop for BS repairs.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:21 PM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
16000 miles = zero problems on my 991 S cab.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 AM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
0 problems for first 8 months and 5,500 miles.

I also have had a policy over the last 40 years buying cars to avoid the first year of a new model if not the first 2. The two exception to this I regretted - a 260Z and the first ML320. What a piece of crap the Mercedes turned out to be. I still shudder when I see a Mercedes SUV

Last edited by naples991; 10-29-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:55 AM
supercharger has a spectacular aura aboutsupercharger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SergePorsche
For those who claim zero problems, it would help if you could indicate your mileage. It's one thing not to have any issues at 1,000 miles; it's another not to have had any issues at 20,000 miles.

I absolutely love my 2013 C4S and wouldn't trade it for any other car. But with 19,000 miles, I have had a good number of trips to the dealer for new solenoids, software recalls, rattles, etc. None of these things were difficult to fix, but they were annoying and detracted from my overall experience with the car.

Hello again,

my car now has 36.000 kilometers. The small problems have been:

- some campaigns they have fixed, some valves (dont even know where) but never had any trouble. New PDK software, did not feel much difference.
- Door rattle when playing Music full of bass, they tightened them up. (Bose) Almost gone now.
- Dashboard rattle, they changed some part, some plastic cover maybe.
- Because I track the car hard, had to fit larger rear brakes, discs made terrible noise after every trackday, got warranty once (New discs)but figured the second time I just fix it myself. 997 GT3 rear calipers With 997 turbo discs fits Perfect and are relatively cheap. No problems With those.
- But more interesting, the screw thread/winding of the wheel carrier/bearing/trunk was worn off right side rear. So the workshop in Germany had to put in a new screw thread application so that the screw could be fixed again. Good they saw it when changing pads.

Otherwise no problems and the car is just incredibly good!!!

Dag

Last edited by supercharger; 10-29-2014 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:10 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up Porsche--> Here's your chance...

I think you have written an intuitive letter with many feelings of valid discontent and that you have tried to deal with local dealerships to no avail. It seems you are seeking help rather than a lawsuit and maybe that's why you got a satisfactory initial response...? I don't know.

I would like to see Porsche NA really put the smile back on your face. I feel that if they were going to come to the plate for someone, and with your attitude, it would be you, and other's like you. Good Luck and keep optimism in your heart.

C'mon Porsche show us what customer service used to be like in the old days and how it can be like that today...

Old 11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
At this price point build quality is terribly important. I am sorry for your troubles. Good luck sir!

Old 01-13-2015, 02:32 PM
hdawg will become famous soon enough
Its been a couple of months now since i made this post and went a bit awol with Porsche about the troubles i have been having with my car, but i must admit Porsche Uk really stepped up and made a massive effort for me.
they took the car in and tried to get it as rattle free as possible by changing the door card , front seat belt buckle and making a few adjustments to the back seats . Whilst it was in the workshop the PSE wouldnt switch off and that was down to a faulty actuator which they replaced. most importantly they really stepped up and put their money where their mouth is by offering me a 4th year warranty when it becomes due in September. With all the problems i have had with this car, i dare say i will need it but massive RESPECT TO THEM for that gesture. All's well that ends well as they say....

Old 01-13-2015, 05:58 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Glad to hear there was a positive response by Porsche.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:22 PM
thebiboum is on a distinguished road
My 928 had 75,000 miles whenI sold it with Zero problem and now my 911 C2 convertible has 10,000 miles and so far so good

Scary all those story

Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM
red4life is on a distinguished road
I too have had problems as hdawg know here in the UK.

Porsche Chiswick have now replaced the drivers door mirror switch/panel and it has improved the music vibration problem in this area. The passenger one vibrates still but was nowhere near as bad as the drivers side.

However....... I now have a very anoyoing creaking/rattling on the dash, which is driving my mad. I've emailed the dealership again but have not yet received a response. Last time I had to raise this with Porsche UK to be referred, so perhaps I will have to do this again.

It has even crossed my mind that when taking the door panel off they may have placed some screws on the dash and one has dropped in ?

hdawg, who in the UK has been working on your vehicle ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your 991 have build quality issues ? Consider yorself lucky!