BAse Carrera or S--> unusual test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:18 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vetsky
I would try both again.

When I was testing out the seats to decide which ones to go with. I swore that the basic 4 way seats were the most comfortable. When by definition we know that the 14 and 18 way can be configured to be the exact same as the four way. Not sure if this applies, but I would try both again.
I have the basic seats now that I have PDK and don't need to move them back to get out and forward to comfortably and accurately work the clutch. I drive the car 99% of the time so I didn't need electric or memory for another driver. I decided to save the weight and cost and they are more comfortable than any other of the 15 Porsches I've owned including those with full electric.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 10-22-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:21 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool " You can do it...!!"

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I have the basic seats now that I have PDK and don't need to move them back to get out and forward to comfortably and accurately work the clutch. I drive the car 99% of the time so I didn't need electric or memory for another driver. I decided to save the weight and cost and they are more comfortable than any other of the 15 Porsches I've owned including those with full electric.

ChuckJ

Another informative point. I thought about the 14 way seats just in case I might need the lumbar setting, but in reality, I should go and just try the 4 way sport seats. they might be sufficient.

I like simple and without issue. If those seats work, and the base is really enough power with a smile bringing suspension, I could go with other amenities not related to performance. However, this vehicle is going to be a Cabriolet partly because my wife wants one, and I'm not so into cabs...But really, I could be, couldn't I...?

Maybe I'll get her a E550 Convertible and start spec'n a really nice C2s with lots of goodies.

My wife's only wish is that I get what I want and keep it, and no excuses!...

Old 10-23-2014, 05:39 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I think the general rule of thumb here is, drive with and get what appeals to you the most. That said I would lean towards the S model.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:55 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Another informative point. I thought about the 14 way seats just in case I might need the lumbar setting, but in reality, I should go and just try the 4 way sport seats. they might be sufficient.

I like simple and without issue. If those seats work, and the base is really enough power with a smile bringing suspension, I could go with other amenities not related to performance. However, this vehicle is going to be a Cabriolet partly because my wife wants one, and I'm not so into cabs...But really, I could be, couldn't I...?

Maybe I'll get her a E550 Convertible and start spec'n a really nice C2s with lots of goodies.

My wife's only wish is that I get what I want and keep it, and no excuses!...
I think the leather 14/18 way seats with memory are probably closest to the heaviest goody option. If you're planning on getting a PDK and you get the base seats you could probably stay with the base (mine has more than enough power). But if you get the optional seats and other goodies and especially the MT I would agree with Neil - get the S. Just don't make the same mistake I did and not get the sport exhaust.

ChuckJ

Old 10-23-2014, 07:05 AM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I thought about the 14 way seats just in case I might need the lumbar setting, but in reality, I should go and just try the 4 way sport seats. they might be sufficient.

I had custom ordered a car with 14-way but ended up with a car in inventory with 4-way seats. I was hesitant at first but after using them for 8 months I am completely happy with them. I drove the car from Boston to Naples over 3 days and never felt uncomfortable even after long 5 hour stretches.