hesitation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:50 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by todd92
The standing start hesitation is normal PDK function and is quite different from the 2500 RPM stumble, which is a VarioCam issue. I have neither.
You're 100% sure the problem is variocam eh?

Glad to know it has been finally resolved...

However the posters point was, check out the car and see if it exhibits the behavior...

I don't think he was suggesting that the hesitation was at the standing start just that it was a way or recreate the scenario..

Last edited by scatkins; 10-23-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by todd92
The standing start hesitation is normal PDK function and is quite different from the 2500 RPM stumble, which is a VarioCam issue.

I have neither.
Todd:
There used to be a hesitation in the 997 PDK, but I'm not sure what kind of a hesitation you are talking about in the 991 PDK. When I stomp on it, RPM immediately to to 3500 and the car leaps forward with no hesitation!

ChuckJ

Old 10-23-2014, 10:14 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Todd:
There used to be a hesitation in the 997 PDK, but I'm not sure what kind of a hesitation you are talking about in the 991 PDK. When I stomp on it, RPM immediately to to 3500 and the car leaps forward with no hesitation!

ChuckJ
Yeah, I have no hesitation with my 991 PDK..

Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pal joey
from what ive been reading it seems to affect some cars and not others.
i have a 2012 bmw 535 ,that also has some brief but still annoying hesitation, might be turbo lag. also had some problems with the battery and tires of all things. sometimes more annoying then the mechanical problem is the response or lack of it from the automaker.

my car will be 3 years old this month, and i will be looking to replace it soon. i dont think i wanna do another bmw.
i am considering a 2012 -13 911.
does the hesitation issue affect all model years of the 991,
or it it limited to certain years?

i would also consider the boxster, infiniti q60, and also give audi a4, a5, a look. im open for some suggestions.if you didnt drive the 911 what would be your second choice, minus the boxster and cayman.

I just got rid of my BMW 650 (F series) due to all the electrical system problems which never get fixed. The car was to go to my wife but got her an Audi S5 coupe instead.

Last edited by Snowczar; 10-23-2014 at 02:08 PM.