After 4 months in the M4 I have decided to return to the 991 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Welcome back, man. It's about time.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:03 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Welcome back Nick. Go with a Turbo. If you ever make it to Dallas you are welcome to use my car for a video.

Tom

Old 10-29-2014, 07:07 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Smile Nice seeing ya' mate!

Hey Nick! I knew it wouldn't be long for you to come back. I saw your post on Rennlist.

If I recall correctly, you had the Sport Suspension, the SPASM on your last 991 and you said that you could, "drive the M4 for hours," whereas the last 991 was only comfortable for like an hour.

Will you again choose the SPASM or go for a more comfortable setup?

If you get a few ticks, let us know how you would option out your next 911 and will it be Cab or Coupe?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Welcome back Nick, looking forward to your videos of pick up and testing.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Capsfan
Do you think Porsche will sell you one and invite you to the factory since you were such a PIA?
That's what I want to know.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:59 PM
28911 will become famous soon enough
Welcome back! I saw your videos and after knowing you owned an E92 M3 and a 991 911, I honestly thought he will be back at some point if he truly enjoys driving. I owned both and they represent some of the best overall driving experiences and both have epic engines. The new M cars are wonderful machines but they have lost some of the driving soul especially with the Turbo engines.

Last edited by 28911; 10-29-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 PM
mdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the rough
Welcome back! hope you have better luck this time around.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
If I were Porsche I'd make you get a Macan, a Boxster and a Cayman before you were allowed to buy another 911. Just be thankful you didn't have your problems with a Ferrari or you'd probably never be allowed back.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 PM
bluejk09 is on a distinguished road
Welcome back, Nick! I knew you wouldn't be gone for long Here's hoping this round goes better for you

Old 10-30-2014, 08:15 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Well Nick....In 2012 after being "sportscarless" for a couple of years I was seduced by a new '13 $84K Lime Rock M3. We agreed to disagree after 3 months & bought the car I really wanted in the first place.

I totally understand your move - fortunately my 991 has been reliable + enjoyable for nearly 2 years & look forward to driving it whenever I can.

I found the M3 appealed more to the "Fast & Furious" crowd & I'm way past that stage.
Good car though & it introduced to me to the benefits of the DCT transmissions vs manual.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Capsfan
do you think Porsche will sell you one and invite you to the factory since you were such a PIA? haha kidding of course
Bah! His money is green, so they'll welcome him back with open arms and a big kiss.

Sorry to hear that the M4 wasn't "it" for you Nick, but I'm not surprised. BMW makes a great car, but they are missing some of the personality and uniqueness that a Porsche has.

My 991 has moved from DD duty to TT duty* which just makes me appreciate it all the more.

* DD - Daily Driver
TT - Treasured Toy

Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Carerra Mike is on a distinguished road
Hey, maybe Nick's new 911 will have that same drivability problem at light throttle around 2500 RPM that some of us are having. Maybe then after he makes a viral video and raises a stink we can all get our problem fixed!

Old 10-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nick, I'm not surprised - saw this coming. Evidently some gremlins come along with you with every car (that I know of) you buy. Keep your fingers crossed for 991.2

Old 10-31-2014, 06:48 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Carerra Mike
Hey, maybe Nick's new 911 will have that same drivability problem at light throttle around 2500 RPM that some of us are having. Maybe then after he makes a viral video and raises a stink we can all get our problem fixed!
I really wish our problem showed up on video - I feel like that's the only reason Nick made progress.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
stormeister is on a distinguished road
Hi Nick,

Great videos, glad to see you are Canon man too!

Great to see you coming back to the fold. No question the M3/M4 are great cars, but it is not the same.

If you want to take a drive in a TTS (Cab) let me know. It will be on snow tires and OZ wheels though until spring though! I don't have it yet, it is currently just off the coast on the Adriatic Highway car transporter ship, I'm ready to grab my sea kayak and paddle out to meet it.

Stormeister

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After 4 months in the M4 I have decided to return to the 991 911