After 4 months in the M4 I have decided to return to the 991 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Video After 4 months in the M4 I have decided to return to the 991 911

I thought you guys might be interested to see my latest video on the M4, in which I have decided to return to a 911 because I am just not loving it as much as I hoped.

The M4 is an amazing car in many ways but just not special like the 991 911 was to me. Despite all the problems I had with my 911 I still wanted to drive it every day, sun, snow or storm and in the end if we have this much money tied up in a car then that is the way we should feel about them. Driving my 911 was special and I just don't feel the same way about the BMW.

I will be waiting for the 991.2 to be released and plan to do a Euro delivery with videos covering the whole process. As to which 911 I plan to get I am still undecided but most likely a well optioned C2S like last time or a light optioned Turbo.

Below is the M4 update video and below that is a video on a 356 I took a week or so back for those interested. Lastly the full review video on the M4 for anyone that missed it.

Looking forward to being back in the fold.

All the best my friends.

Nick

Old 10-29-2014, 09:17 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Hey Nick, glad to see you realized your mistakes with the M4 :-) Have you thought of a GTS?

Last edited by frank69m; 10-29-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by frank69m
Hey Nick, glad to see you realized your mistakes with the M4 :-) Have you thought of a GTS? Any issues with the M4?
Only two small issues with the M4. 1. the dealer did not take the car out of delivery mode when they delivered it to me so the airbags and other safety options were disabled. Easy fix. 2. The passenger sun-visor light would never shut off even when the car was turned off so would run the battery flat if not driven every day. They replaced the visor so also an easy fix.

I have not considered the GTS, it is a nice package but I do not like the Aero package front end at all so it is out for me.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Welcome back Nick! Can't wait to see the new videos

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the GTS. Porsche took too many liberties with the base configurations all in the name of a more a higher margin car for their pockets. Good luck with the next 991. I am sure the lemon you had won't repeat itself.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:08 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Great news and welcome back. Too bad about the M4, but just guess it was just meant to be. Looking forward to your review of whatever you wind up with (with no gremlins). That did not take long, did it?

Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Welcome back Nick. Lightening rarely strikes twice in the same spot. Sincerely hope this experience helps to make up for the last one. Looking forward to seeing you on the board again.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
I really enjoyed your reviews on your 991 - I greatly appreciated the attention to detail and your focusing on the good and the bad (although I am sorry that you had such a lemon!).

I look forward to seeing more of your videos when you get your new 911. Your videos really helped me understand a lot about the options and the car, both good and bad!

Cheers!

Old 10-29-2014, 12:39 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
The move to the M4 didn't really make sense. Unless you need the seats the M4 is just a completely different car than the 911. I would probably check out the F-Type R and/or wait for the AMG GT if you want out of the M4. Or the Z06 if you don't mind American.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Capsfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nmurray22
I thought you guys might be interested to see my latest video on the M4, in which I have decided to return to a 911 because I am just not loving it as much as I hoped.

The M4 is an amazing car in many ways but just not special like the 991 911 was to me. Despite all the problems I had with my 911 I still wanted to drive it every day, sun, snow or storm and in the end if we have this much money tied up in a car then that is the way we should feel about them. Driving my 911 was special and I just don't feel the same way about the BMW.

I will be waiting for the 991.2 to be released and plan to do a Euro delivery with videos covering the whole process. As to which 911 I plan to get I am still undecided but most likely a well optioned C2S like last time or a light optioned Turbo.

Below is the M4 update video and below that is a video on a 356 I took a week or so back for those interested. Lastly the full review video on the M4 for anyone that missed it.

Looking forward to being back in the fold.

All the best my friends.

Nick

http://youtu.be/AdTujx4H-x8?list=UUd...7hIeOxWVacg9FQ

http://youtu.be/MuHnPpcjnqc?list=PLL...gTryhSQdouo-Yl

http://youtu.be/KAn8Lcaj0zQ?list=PLL...EfPvNmTtUm7k1T
do you think Porsche will sell you one and invite you to the factory since you were such a PIA? haha kidding of course

Old 10-29-2014, 01:31 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Welcome back Nick and look forward to hearing about your journey back

Last edited by naples991; 10-29-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:11 PM
the2thdr has a spectacular aura aboutthe2thdr has a spectacular aura about
Nice to hear from you. I have been waffling between a F80 M3 and a 911 and your videos really helped in my decision to order a 911 C4 GTS.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:31 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Welcome back Nick!!
I just picked up a used 991....Love it!!

Old 10-29-2014, 03:36 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome back! Whether you choose a C2S, C4S or Turbo (which is epic, by the way), you'll be glad to be back in a 911 I'm sure.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:46 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Awesome video on the 356 by the way; really cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: After 4 months in the M4 I have decided to return to the 991 911