TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM

TiKORE Tuesday, where a local 997.1 turbo Porsche customer showed up for his install of a matte titanium 2-piece Porsche TiKORE titanium lug bolt set.

The customer had an immaculate Porsche sporting a set of HRE wheels, however that were bolted on by a set of corroded OEM lugs that physically were seized to the wheels...and had to be replaced.

http://www.tikore.com/porsche/

TiKORE machines in house out of an aerospace certified grade 5 6AL-4V titanium. Certified means each batch of material is tested to ensure the mechanical properties are correct. Each lug is manufactured individually to strict tolerances and all threads are rolled not cut for superior strength and wear-resistance.

Now for the install photos.

...and we had to take some with the TiKORE 997.1 turbo shop car

Instagram: @tikore

#welugwheels #pureautomotivejewelry #tikore #nonstopmachineshop

Old 11-26-2014, 08:46 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Gotta love those HREs! Gorgeous stuff. And the lug nuts are just the icing on the cake.

Yum. As Homer would say, "Mmmmm, titanium..."

Old 12-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
All PM's replied. Will follow up with tracking with those who are on the production schedule!

Old 12-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Happy Holidays from the TiKORE team. Just a heads up, we will be closed next week.

PM us here or e-mail CFallon@tikore.com directly with your inquiry to get on the production schedule for the new year.

Looking forward to 2015!

Old 01-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Holiday orders have been shipped.

Happy New Year!

Contact CFallon@tikore.com to order yours today.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Basic Sponsor

OEM corroded lug bolts.

...and in with the TiKORE titanium lug bolts.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:55 PM
77Tony is on a distinguished road
OK, I'll bite. Do you mfr a lockable lug bolt for each wheel ? How $$ per wheel for a 991, 7mm longer than stock to allow for spacer in black ? TIA T

Old 01-15-2015, 06:40 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Tony - you'll love them.

They custom make them all. With my HRE wheels, the bolt holes are really shallow and I got a shallower ball seat made so they didn't stick out as much.

They'll do custom lengths, etc..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2220575225.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	412024   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1618948949.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	412025   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2705784369.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	412028  

Last edited by STG991; 01-15-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
They really are nice and I wanted them but I just couldn't justify the cost of them...

They really stand out on a color like the red painted rims shown.. But I can't really even see the Lugs on my black sport technos.

Lol probably should clean the wheels in the picture... need to get a brush in there... they look pretty crappy in their dirty state with the nice spiffy titanium lugs...

Old 01-15-2015, 09:39 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Well, you can get Bro-Nuts that are Titanium from a forum member here that are much less per set if he still has them, and are rather cool 27MM TORX which is not a tool most crooks have on them. These are holding on my HRE's...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...996-997-a.html

Old 01-15-2015, 10:16 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drcollie
Well, you can get Bro-Nuts that are Titanium from a forum member here that are much less per set if he still has them, and are rather cool 27MM TORX which is not a tool most crooks have on them. These are holding on my HRE's...
Those are really cool... I really like the look.... very unique..

But where do you get a torx that size..? Then again ... no locking needed...

If so I wonder if the torx would handle removal with an impact wrench..

Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scatkins
Those are really cool... I really like the look.... very unique..

But where do you get a torx that size..? Then again ... no locking needed...

If so I wonder if the torx would handle removal with an impact wrench..
You can get a bit most anywhere, I picked up one at Advance Auto. I never use an impact wrench on mine, even though I have several. Impacts work though a hammering rotational force and that's bound to bugger up the lug over time and you want them to stay nice looking - so hand tools only on 'em.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:17 PM
77Tony is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by STG991
Tony - you'll love them.

They custom make them all. With my HRE wheels, the bolt holes are really shallow and I got a shallower ball seat made so they didn't stick out as much.

They'll do custom lengths, etc..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...996-997-a.html

Think I would love the bro nuts even more for less T

Old 01-16-2015, 05:32 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Well, you can get Bro-Nuts that are Titanium from a forum member here that are much less per set if he still has them, and are rather cool 27MM TORX which is not a tool most crooks have on them.
Way to hijack a forum sponsor's marketing thread there Duane!

I don't have any of these Tikor bolts because they're too much for my budget, but at least he does specify where they are made (USA) and provides specs for the materials and a description of the actual materials. Porsche (and everyone else) is very careful to use bolts that will not fail during the normal lifetime of the vehicle because these components are an integral part of the safety systems of the car (i.e. keeping the wheels attached). Please feel free to continue to support the Chinese economy by buying substandard components for your car as you please, but please have your widow update the thread after you're gone.

And yes, I know that Bro-nuts gets his product from Japan, but never (that I saw) does he state where they are actually manufactured, if he even knows.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:28 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
My upper right lug bolt is a lock bolt that is very discreet looking and barely noticeable as being different.

I had some custom requests and TiKore was able to accommodate all of them as they are made to order for your specific vehicle.

In my case:
Custom length= Done
Custom ball seat = Done
Made in USA= Done
Personalized service = Done
Stand by their product = Done
Happy customer in the end (me) = Done

There's always a cheaper eBay Chinese version of everything out there, spend your money as you choose. I chose to go the TiKore route because that was the only company that could customize to the specs I needed, not to mention they look like jewelry.

I'm just a satisfied customer. Nothing more or less.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3219812371.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	412036  

Last edited by STG991; 01-16-2015 at 07:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiKORE titanium lugs bolts vs. OEM