DIY: 991 Exhaust Sound Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:13 PM
jmbmm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bents
Do you have a guess of the size of the vacuum cap that worked for you?
sure, i still have the leftover packages. the big ones for the vac hose is 3/8" and the ones that go on the muffler is 1/8". the 1/8" was little tight, but the next size up that they had was too loose.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:58 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
Im going to give this a try. Thanks for the post

Old 08-14-2016, 05:42 PM
bmxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Old thread, how is this mod holding up?

Old 08-14-2016, 05:45 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
Mod is okay...PSE + AWE Xpipe is awesome.

I wouldn't recommend it considering the price of adding PSE has come down substantially in most areas

Old 08-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by dkim12
Mod is okay...PSE + AWE Xpipe is awesome.

I wouldn't recommend it considering the price of adding PSE has come down substantially in most areas
You don't recommend the mod? Well >3k for sound doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I don't need another Honda I might try this mod out and see. Any lost of MPG with this mod?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 PM
dkim12 is on a distinguished road
just meant that I wish I had done PSE sooner instead of messing around with the mod. It's definitely a noise maker but I can "feel" more horsepower haha.

I didn't notice any substantial decrease in MPG. I do now actually have a decrease because I'm revving it much much higher to hear the exhaust note.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by dkim12
just meant that I wish I had done PSE sooner instead of messing around with the mod. It's definitely a noise maker but I can "feel" more horsepower haha.

I didn't notice any substantial decrease in MPG. I do now actually have a decrease because I'm revving it much much higher to hear the exhaust note.

lol.. i hear ya about the rev. I put them in Sport/plus sometimes just for fun driving at 25 mph traffic.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:03 PM
steve-t is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bmxtreme
lol.. i hear ya about the rev. I put them in Sport/plus sometimes just for fun driving at 25 mph traffic.
tried this mod and loved it. I have a cab so with the top down you really get to enjoy the sound. I want to make it switchable so in the spring I'm going to install a normally open vacuum solinoid in line and run a wire to the cabin with a switch so I can switch it back and forth

Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Contadino is on a distinguished road
Wow, I tried this on my 2013 S Cab without PSE, and hated the new sound. It sounds horrible just a loud muffled sound with no character. Maybe some cars sound different. I drove a few miles and went straight back to the garage to reverse it. BTW I was able to reach the T connector from the top passenger side after removing the fans. I put a rubber stopper over the vacuum Port and wrapped some vinyl tape over the connector that I removed. But like I said, it wasn't that way for long.

QUOTEe-t;4583279]
tried this mod and loved it. I have a cab so with the top down you really get to enjoy the sound. I want to make it switchable so in the spring I'm going to install a normally open vacuum solinoid in line and run a wire to the cabin with a switch so I can switch it back and forth
[/QUOTE]

Old 06-16-2017, 11:46 PM
ap3x ftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Good info here, very nice.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Ryane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura about
Mine are capped love the sound!! However, I do have that damn check system light that comes on. The valves are capped and clamped at the ends. Any ideas of how to clear that?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 PM
austinhuffzz is on a distinguished road
any drone with the valves set to always open?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Ryane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura aboutRyane8182 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by austinhuffzz
Well I’ve added catless headers as well now. It sounds wicked. There’s a little drone nothing too bad. With just the valves always open before the headers I didn’t have drone. I also ended up with a pro Cobb tune which eliminated any warnings.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:08 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by austinhuffzz
What the heck is drone? LOL I don't let my car "drone".....

Old 12-03-2018, 09:18 PM
CFOURS is an unknown quantity at this point
I am seriously thinking about doing this mod as I love the way my C4S sounds with the valves open (non-PSE exhaust). My shop says they have done a few of these. Said they have done the same thing to Ferrari 458's. Wondering if anyone has a video of what this mod sounds like... thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY: 991 Exhaust Sound Mod