The new 991 GT3 RS Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:44 AM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hawc
Hard to tell if the front wheels are kicking up snow or not. I doubt it's AWD, (would add weight) but who knows.
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Does anyone know if the standard cars load up with ice like that?

ChuckJ
I don't think you can tell RWD vs AWD by ice build-up or snow being kicked up. I think ice build up is dependent more on aerodynamics, and the weather condition that you drive thru. Here is a pic of build-up on a RWD. One of the worse snow storm that I have ever driven thru. There was a lot of drift that day and the build-up is actually different from one side of the car from the other.

Originally Posted by ROD
Why does it have the Turbo side inlets?
Aerodynamics like the front fender?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	409804  

Last edited by dyim; 12-14-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:20 PM
CBG
CBG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ROD
Why does it have the Turbo side inlets?
Wheel arch venting - as seen on most GT race cars.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:30 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jawells1
Hey Chuck- I have a "standard" '14 C4S and drove it a bunch in the snow up here in PA last winter.... Notice my avatar?

I did get some loading, mostly in the rear arches behind the wheel in the space where the mufflers are located. That area is not enclosed at all, and the curve of the rear bumper cover coming down under the car acts like a shovel! Everything that the tires throw-up into that space gets stuck back there, especially the fine gravel they use on the roads around here everytime it snows! But I don't get hard-pack building up in the fronts anywhere near what those test mules are showing.....
Glad to hear that jawells1. I would think the amount in the mules could turn to ice and become a hazard.

ChuckJ

Old 12-14-2014, 01:40 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
I'm going to need something strong............

Cheers,

Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait!!!

Old 12-17-2014, 09:25 AM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
21" rear, 20" front, PCCBs possibly standard, high-revving engine, will be the first 911 to be launched with the Spyder-type steering wheel............ talk about there being no GT2, so the GT3RS may be the one to get along with an obligatory hefty price increase too.

Cheers,

Old 12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
21" rear, 20" front, PCCBs possibly standard, high-revving engine, will be the first 911 to be launched with the Spyder-type steering wheel............ talk about there being no GT2, so the GT3RS may be the one to get along with an obligatory hefty price increase too.

Cheers,
Is there a source for this or is this speculation? Either way very cool.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by hawc
Is there a source for this or is this speculation? Either way very cool.
No hardcopy yet........just some titbits!

Cheers,

Old 12-19-2014, 07:29 AM
w00tw00t is on a distinguished road
The thread title is very misleading