Next Generation 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 12:14 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hawc
I hate to go against Röhrl, but I stick my by horse power numbers from my inside Porsche source. At least we both agree on the displacement. We'll see who's right about the HP numbers when they're officially revealed.
Weight and cost?? Who needs more weight in the rear.

Two other negatives on top of the many others!

Old 02-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Vise is on a distinguished road
I hate to go against Röhrl, but I stick my by horse power numbers from my inside Porsche source.
Tell us more about your source... going against a storied Porsche test driver is a bold move. If its someone within Porsche AG I'm interested... if its anyone within Porsche Canada or a dealership not so much.

That said based on nothing but pure speculation I'd expect to see them maintain the 50hp gap between the Carrera and Carrera S to justify the price delta but we'll see. I do also agree with you that Porsche may artificially keep the HP number below the 991 GTS but that is a guess at best.

Not that it means anything but my sales guy said the bump from the current models will be negligible on HP and greater on torque as expected... should be an interesting few months.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:10 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Can't reveal my Porsche source but he's not a dealer and he's not at Porsche Canada. I'm curious to see the final numbers. He hasn't been wrong before.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:00 AM
bongoboyla is on a distinguished road
People are getting down on the drop in displacement plus turbos -- which I get, because gains might be more on the top-end -- but are people forgetting how easy it is to get huge HP gains on a turbo?

Old 02-13-2015, 03:55 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
I hate turbo engines, BUT, I can not believe that WR will say such things for 2 reasons:
-1- he had his biggest successes in turbo cars
-2- he is paid by Porsche

Old 04-22-2015, 01:55 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have been thinking about this car . I have read much of what is posted here elsewhere too. Of course I'd have to see and drive the car and there's no way I would pre order one sight unseen (like i did with my Macan Turbo) .

My intial thought on the car is that if it is in fact a Turbo then it would make sense to look at the actual Turbo and Turbo S models . I am trying to decipher how the base and S cars can compete with the flagships having similar engine philosophies . Up until now the main difference was NA Vs Turbo engines attracting specific driving preferences . This change would somehow homogenize the overall car it seems .

Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I hate to go against Röhrl, but I stick my by horse power numbers from my inside Porsche source.

At least we both agree on the displacement.

We'll see who's right about the HP numbers when they're officially revealed.
I'm more interested in the torque numbers! That would really help the base Carrera and make it more attractive.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have been thinking about this car . I have read much of what is posted here elsewhere too. Of course I'd have to see and drive the car and there's no way I would pre order one sight unseen (like i did with my Macan Turbo) .

My intial thought on the car is that if it is in fact a Turbo then it would make sense to look at the actual Turbo and Turbo S models . I am trying to decipher how the base and S cars can compete with the flagships having similar engine philosophies . Up until now the main difference was NA Vs Turbo engines attracting specific driving preferences . This change would somehow homogenize the overall car it seems .
The 997.1 Turbo had 480 hp, I believe. Now I wonder if the Carrera S will go to mandatory AWD as well- but with about 420 ft-lb of torque, think about it, that's nearly 100 ft-lbs more than the current S. And that thing will be an ANIMAL.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Does anyone have an approximate ETA as to when we can expect more information regarding the 991.2? Will this be the 2016 model that would probably start production in late summer, or is the 2016 model remaining unchanged?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 PM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Does anyone have an approximate ETA as to when we can expect more information regarding the 991.2? Will this be the 2016 model that would probably start production in late summer, or is the 2016 model remaining unchanged?
I can confirm that TT/TTS/GTS 2016 models are the same as they are now.

991.2 will be probably be a MY 2017 model and will be orderable from March 2016 onwards. I order my TT at the end of March and it's a 2016 model.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:56 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
According to my info the 991.2 will be introduced late this year !

Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eddtiff
I can confirm that TT/TTS/GTS 2016 models are the same as they are now.

991.2 will be probably be a MY 2017 model and will be orderable from March 2016 onwards. I order my TT at the end of March and it's a 2016 model.
Originally Posted by bccars
According to my info the 991.2 will be introduced late this year !

Interesting. I hope there's more info by the end of summer. I'm toying with the idea of a GTS, but I'd also like to wait for some 991.2 info.

Last edited by Christophosphorus; 04-29-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Reviving this thread and bringing up the new interior (minor changes, but interesting to those technology lovers)..

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/02/27/i...che-911-spied/

http://www.total911.com/world-exclus...rbo-spy-shots/

I currently have an '11 C4 and love the NA w/o turbo lag. I test drove a '15 S63 AMG Coupe and the turbo lag was terrible... Sounds like Porsche will attempt to minimize the lag, but I'm afraid it will still be there...

As for the interior, there seems to be a larger screen for PCM, which I'm a fan of, but not sure if it's enough to lure me to trade in my '11 C4....

I also asked my dealer if there were plans to have a Head Up Display, but he suggested from his recent meeting in Germany, there were no indications that a HUD would be available in the near future.

Anyone else aware of other interior changes?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by wolfnards
Reviving this thread and bringing up the new interior (minor changes, but interesting to those technology lovers)..

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/02/27/i...che-911-spied/

http://www.total911.com/world-exclus...rbo-spy-shots/

I currently have an '11 C4 and love the NA w/o turbo lag. I test drove a '15 S63 AMG Coupe and the turbo lag was terrible... Sounds like Porsche will attempt to minimize the lag, but I'm afraid it will still be there...

As for the interior, there seems to be a larger screen for PCM, which I'm a fan of, but not sure if it's enough to lure me to trade in my '11 C4....

I also asked my dealer if there were plans to have a Head Up Display, but he suggested from his recent meeting in Germany, there were no indications that a HUD would be available in the near future.

Anyone else aware of other interior changes?
Funny you mentioned the S63 coupe! I drove an S550 Coupe over the weekend and felt the exact same thing. The saleman kept mentioning how "there is absolutely no turbo lag," but I beg to differ. Walking back into my car and driving away really drove the point home. Our NA engines are so wonderfully responsive.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:52 PM
hinckley will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wolfnards

I'm a HUGE HUD fan from my BMW days. I initially bought it on my first E60 as a cool toy and almost immediately found it to be an incredible safety tool allowing me to keep my eyes on the road while not looking down at the IP. I subsequently had it on three other BMWs.

I asked my Porsche dealer about HUD a little while ago, hoping it would migrate to P from Audi. He brought it up at a dealer conference and got the same "no plans" reply because apparently, Porsche believes that HUD is distracting and dangerous. Crazy thought to me.