991 is history

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Only a moron would think $250 is a reasonable price for an oil change.

The 991S filter kit costs $21.75
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/..._pg2.htm#item7

The cost of 8 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40 oil at retail price (with plenty of margin) is $60.78
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/m...1&prefZC=30324

The cost of 30 minutes of labor (remember they are doing other work while the oil is actually draining) is $50

So adding that up is $132.53.

I think up to $150 is fair and leaves plenty of margin (they also make profit on filter and oil). $225 or $250 is just taking the ****.

My dealer tried to charge me $250 for an oil change, and I told him I will bring my own oil, my own filter, and he can just charge me for labor. They charged me for just 30 minutes at a rate of $85 an hour (i.e. I only paid them $42.50 plus tax plus a $5 oil disposal fee).

Old 02-28-2015, 08:40 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I had a 2001 NSX and I too loved it. My wife drive it pretty regularly and after about 4 years we sold it with 20K miles on it. It was a bullet proof car and never had a single issue. I am looking forward to seeing a new NSX after a 10 year break in production. Just because you like cars others than Porsche does not mean you like Porsche less. They are not mutually exclusive.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
The Japanese are doing some great things with their top 3 sports cars... I definitely wouldn't kick an NSX out of bed! Good luck with your NSX. It looks like it will be a great car.

I think the FT1 is just a work of art, though. I'd pick it over the NSX.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:11 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
+ $10 off coupon

This says it all about the original poster: He's heading to Walmart to get his dead Cow, TP and veggies

Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Wow, tough crowd here.

I don't see the problem with switching to a NSX. Hothonda is just complaining about the dealer service pricing, I doubt that is the sole reason for not getting another p-car.

I think it is nice to switch things up a bit sometimes.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
+ $10 off coupon

This says it all about the original poster: He's heading to Walmart to get his dead Cow, TP and veggies

Thanks....weather must be getting to you.

Switch to decaf.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:32 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I do like that the NSX is going hybrid. Curb weight of 3700+ lbs too. I bet it will be a super fun car. But inexpensive?? NO. Starting at $150k ?

Old 03-01-2015, 11:03 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Wow - tough crowd indeed.
I guess the moral of this thread is when you finally decide to go, go very very quietly.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dux
Wow - tough crowd indeed.
I guess the moral of this thread is when you finally decide to go, go very very quietly.
You indeed may be right - but how very sad

Old 03-01-2015, 11:50 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Wow - tough crowd indeed. I guess the moral of this thread is when you finally decide to go, go very very quietly.
You'd think he betrayed the Godfather and needs to be put in the witness protection program now. All to a guy who has made some good contributions on here.

"Go quietly" I'll keep that in mind it if the time ever comes. I love Dux's outlook and sense of humor.

The reason why I've been on Rennlist a lot more lately (as have many other brothers on here). Way more activity and interesting/productive posts. In the past 3-4 months, things have really gone downhill here. This 991 enthusiast niche is too narrow to spread around.

Geez, imagine a "6Speed is history" post. Might be in the cards soon... Actually I think it's already slowly happening. Don't be surprised if I "go quietly".... I forgot the very, very, quietly ..

Last edited by STG991; 03-02-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 AM
onapex is on a distinguished road
We're a tough crowd because we're tired of hearing people complain/whine about KNOWN things. Surely you knew about $250 oil changes before you bought your 911. So why complain now? Why didn't you speak with your wallet before you bought the car? Now you come and complain about this. It's old and tiring. Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse to get out of the 911, or you just want to agitate people who don't care about paying $250 for an oil change.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:02 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
The golden rule doesn't apply to internet forums I guess.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onapex
We're a tough crowd because we're tired of hearing people complain/whine about KNOWN things. Surely you knew about $250 oil changes before you bought your 911. So why complain now? Why didn't you speak with your wallet before you bought the car? Now you come and complain about this. It's old and tiring. Sounds like you are just looking for an excuse to get out of the 911, or you just want to agitate people who don't care about paying $250 for an oil change.
I for one did not know that Porsche oil changes were $250 when I purchased my car, and I was in for a surprise -- in NY they charge $350. Maybe you think that is a bargain too?

Old 03-05-2015, 04:25 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I for one did not know that Porsche oil changes were $250 when I purchased my car, and I was in for a surprise -- in NY they charge $350. Maybe you think that is a bargain too?
Whether it's a bargain is not relevant. If you didn't bother to ask how much service/maintenance cost when you bought the car, then you have no excuse to whine/complain.

- You buy a dry clean only shirt then complain you have to spend money dry cleaning it
- You buy R-compound tires then complain it doesn't last 50,000 miles
- You buy Sirius XM radio then complain you have to pay a subscription fee

If $$$ matters to you, then do your research. It's well known that Porsche, Ferrari, etc. charges quite a bit for routine maintenance. Don't buy the car then whine that the oil change is $350 when all you have to do is ask the dealer, "BTW, how much is an oil change? Oh, $350, OK, no thanks. I'm going to buy a NSX instead."

Old 03-05-2015, 04:31 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onapex
Whether it's a bargain is not relevant. If you didn't bother to ask how much service/maintenance cost when you bought the car, then you have no excuse to whine/complain. - You buy a dry clean only shirt then complain you have to spend money dry cleaning it - You buy R-compound tires then complain it doesn't last 50,000 miles - You buy Sirius XM radio then complain you have to pay a subscription fee If $$$ matters to you, then do your research. It's well known that Porsche, Ferrari, etc. charges quite a bit for routine maintenance. Don't buy the car then whine that the oil change is $350 when all you have to do is ask the dealer, "BTW, how much is an oil change? Oh, $350, OK, no thanks. I'm going to buy a NSX instead."
Do you really think he sold the 911, losing a lot of depreciation money, only to buy a more expensive car to save on oil changes??

For what he lost on the 911, it could have paid for oil changes until the car had 1,000,000 miles on it!

Did you ever think it was time for a change? Look past the little comments and see the big picture.

It says something about the state of 6 Speed that this post stays at the top with all the idiotic comments.

Last edited by STG991; 03-05-2015 at 04:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 is history