Do you have another toy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 04:06 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
My Ferrari 458

Old 02-14-2015, 05:04 PM
NSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really niceNSD991 is just really nice
McLaren 650S

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (1.53 MB, 629 views)

Last edited by NSD991; 02-14-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:10 PM
sdaddy is on a distinguished road
My toys include a Super 7 (200 hp / 1200 lbs), a Guzzi El Dorado, and an '09 Z51 6MT Vette (selling to fund my on-order GTS)

Attached Images
DSCN7807.jpg (424.2 KB, 580 views)
IMG_0022-2.jpg (449.4 KB, 580 views)
DSCN0118.jpg (388.9 KB, 577 views)
Old 02-14-2015, 06:29 PM
Sierramadre is on a distinguished road
Fun in a different flavor...

Attached Images
image.jpg (437.8 KB, 564 views)
Old 02-14-2015, 06:41 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all

Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-16-2015, 07:54 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Walker mower....made in Colorado.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Im4citadel is on a distinguished road
Trysixty

Maybe you can answer this for me.

Is the Porsche bicycle even worth the money?

Attached Images
image-3255157152.jpg (92.6 KB, 404 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
The Redneck in me (Brevard, NC) needs the V8 American Fix.
Every now and then.
Plus, I've always Loved the C4 Vette Coupe look.

Name:  image-1119444582.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  607.6 KB

Old 02-16-2015, 11:37 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
Trysixty

I think I can answer it ---

NO. Plus Porsche will charge you $500 maintenance fee to oil the chain and gears.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:44 AM
NoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
Trysixty

No.

Hell, their cars aren't even worth the money.

But at least that's their primary business, now that they've gotten Weideking out of the arbitrage and derivatives business.

Bicycles...

Lot's of people build great bikes. Lot's of people are avid cyclists. I've never met, read about or heard of an avid cyclist buying a Porsche bike. And many of us own the cars.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:03 PM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey - NoGaBiker...how is your Turbo running? Have not heard from you in awhile...

Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
NoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to behold
Running like a champ! Other than the clutch accumulator the first week I had it, it's been smooth sailing for 2 years, 8000 miles. I'm up to 25,000 now and it pulls like a freight train.

I bought a 991 GTS Saturday. Ordered it, so 90 days out. I plan to sell the Turbo sometime between now and then, when I get around to it. I hate selling cars, especially Porsches. Especially Porsche Turbos. Lots of "serious" tire kickers.

You sold yours last year didn't you? What's the plan?

Old 02-16-2015, 09:19 PM
thomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of lightthomapa1 is a glorious beacon of light
Yup, sold it - was a huge money pit for me.
Have an interim car now. Will likely make my next move in a few months.

Short list is - 981 Cayman S or GTS or a 2 year old Carrera S. Will try a Stingray just to try it, but I don't have high hopes. Want to love a ~ 2 year old v8 Vantage, but lots of maintenance stories - think I'll stay away...already took a bath on the turbo, don't want to go there again.

Glad to hear the turbo is running strong. Very nice on the GTS! congrats!! you use Henessey?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Yes, Hennessy. Still have some time before it locks, and I'm all over the place on interior. I ordered GT Silver (every Porsche I've had has been silver, and GT has been my favorite), but inside...

I chose black/red deviated leather. It looks great in person on a white Turbo S on the lot, but then I keep checking out pictures on the 'net and thinking "What have I done???" Do I really want to be that committed to such a polarizing color?

But the only other one I'd really consider is Espresso, and I've BTDT with a Boxster in GT Silver/Cocoa. It's elegant, like an English Gentlemen's club, but not really what the GTS vibe is all about. I'm not feeling it.

So I think I'm sticking with the black/red.

For now.

Good luck with your choice. I just can't do a Vette, no matter how good they get. Just not me. I've spent a lifetime being a Euro Sportscar snob, and I'm stuck. My brother, on the otherhand, has gone back and forth with regularity: 4 Vettes, 3 Porsches. Current Vette is a C6, and he's drooling over C7s. I vote for a 981S for you! Great cars.

If you know anybody looking for a cherry 996TT in the area before I list it, tell them to give me a shout.

Cheers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you have another toy?