Sunroof in glass option

Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
porshanut is on a distinguished road
Sunroof in glass option

Could some of you with experience with the "sun roof in glass" option please give me feedback on your likes or dislikes? Thanking you in advance.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Pcar991 will become famous soon enoughPcar991 will become famous soon enough
I utilize the glass sunroof by rolling back the screen to allow light into the car. I enjoy that when the sun is going down. I really don't enjoy having the sunroof open, especially in the heat of the summer. Probably wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. If I was looking for the "open air" experience, I would suggest a cabriolet.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 AM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I would not order a sunroof car without one. For me, the glass roof adds openness to the interior of the car. In the winter, it is great to be able to open the cloth cover and have light come through the glass, even when the sunroof is not open. And I have never found the glass to be a heat source in the car when used with the screen.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:12 AM
dphouse is on a distinguished road
Love the option on mine. Sleek look from the outside, glass allows natural light and is pretty quite when open even on the freeway. I would order mine with it again.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:12 AM
sapphireblue is on a distinguished road
I have the glass sunroof on my 2014 Carrera and absolutely love it. I keep the shade open in the cooler months for additional light inside the car and open the roof in the Spring and Fall not so much in the heat of the summer. I feel its option worth having.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:43 AM
dshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nicedshurett is just really nice
I agree with most of what everyone has said. I like the look of the car with it, I like that it makes the car look bigger, I like that I can see out. My only further recommendation is to have it tinted darker to prevent some of the daytime light from being too much. Once I did this, I leave it open even during the brightest part of the day.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 AM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Tinting the sunroof is a great idea!
I love mine. It's open maybe 20% of the time before it gets hot

Old 02-28-2015, 12:54 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
I too like the glass roof but mostly because of the look of the car from the outside. It is nice to have sun shine through the roof top when you want it. My only complaint is that the screen doesn't COMPLETELY block out the sun. So it's great to have the sun shine through when you WANT it to shine through. It would be nice if the shade completely blocked the sun so that it doesn't shine through when you DON'T WANT it to shine through. That shouldn't be too much to ask of a $130K car.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:52 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I have the glass roof on my '15 C4S and on my former '13 C4S .. since I purchased both of them in inventory they were option'd with it .. for me personally - they work as stated, but for me personally I prefer either a traditional sunroof or none. No noise or squeaks and the shade does not completely block out the sun.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:27 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I have this option on my '14 4S and it's amazing. It makes the cabin feel more open and I really like the contrast it provides on the exterior.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:38 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
I have it on my GTS, but only had the car for 5 weeks, so don't have much experience with it. But as others have said, I like the look of it on my white GTS, and the light that it allows to enter the cabin. I have no regrets.

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2015, 03:04 PM
77Tony is on a distinguished road
Agree with all of the above. Would like to add that the roof even looks great in the open position when viewed from outside the car. T

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOF.jpg
Views:	1925
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	415261  
Old 02-28-2015, 03:28 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
The option is terrific. It really lets the light into the interior which I like a lot. Direct sun on cold days to warm up is great too. Personally, would not buy a new or used 911 without it.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:14 PM
dogshyne is on a distinguished road
I have the regular sunroof. I borrowed a glass sunroof car for a weekend and had the same issue as with my tesla... noise coming in was annoying. I can open the sunroof and have that and close it and not have the noise.

On the Tesla the power was great but the noise coming in thru the sunroof was almost unbareable. On the 991 I noticed noise coming in as well... may want to look at the regular sunroof.

Also, I have had a lot of cars w/ sunroofs and never liked them, but I love the sunroof in the 991!

Old 02-28-2015, 08:02 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
The size of the glass sunroof on the 991 almost gives it equivalent to 997 Targa in functionality. Anyone with experience agree or disagree?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunroof in glass option