Used Oil Analysis (UOA) and track season oil changes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:44 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Used Oil Analysis (UOA) and track season oil changes...

Looking for opinions/experiences...

On UOA:
I did a UOA at 2000 miles on my C2S. I now have 5000 miles and 2 track days on the car and will change my oil again. As much for time as for miles. (Sat a lot over winter) Would you do another UOA?

On oil change frequency:
I plan to run about 10 track days this season. I am wondering if I can/should run the same oil all season or should I change it midway? For those that run track days what's your oil change regimen?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:51 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Nobody? Really?

Old 03-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
HG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to all
If you're driving hard and getting oil temps up high when you're on the track, I would personally change the oil every 2-3 track sessions. If you let the oil get extremely hot, I would want it changed as soon as possible but that can be overkill. If you're less aggressive on track and your oil temps aren't getting too high then you could get away with waiting longer but I would never recommend more than 4-5 track days without an oil change.

Some consider this overkill but we never skimp on lubrication when expensive motor internals are at stake!

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I typically do 8 to 10 track sessions per year and I typically change the brake fluid and oil every 6 months, or half way through the season (depending which is first).

Old 03-20-2015, 08:01 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Brad, If I ran very hot sessions in the middle of the summer, I'd probably change the oil in the middle of the season. Otherwise, at 7500 miles if I'm tracking the car, 10,000 otherwise.
Keep in mind that everyone has an opinion but nobody has enough empirical data on these DFI engines to back up their personal practices. Do what you're comfortable with and feel is the wisest cost/benefit analysis: How much do you pay for an oil change, how many miles do you plan to put on the car etc.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:21 PM
cephas is on a distinguished road
Brad, how much is the UOA? and what's your result at 2k?Can you show us the copy of the report?

Old 03-29-2015, 03:14 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Since you have already done one and no one knows for sure, for your own piece of mind you should do the $25 analysis. Do a partial/full drain to get the sample and pour it back in. Decide what to do when you get the report back.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
cephas is on a distinguished road
Do the dealers do UOA? Where i can do that in California?

Old 03-31-2015, 06:29 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute