60th Anniversary Porsche Club Car,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Patek is on a distinguished road
60th Anniversary Porsche Club Car,

Any thought on how much over msrp this will bring on Secondary Market. I don't know how many people signed up.
Best,
John Denton

Last edited by Patek; 03-24-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: let out words.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:45 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Patek
Any thought on how much over msrp this will bring. I don't know how many people signed up.
Best,
John Denton
It is MSRP at about $137k without additional options, and I don't think they will be asking anything over that amount since they are not allocated to dealer network. The opportunity to buy 59 of the 60 cars being made is being offered on a lottery system exclusively through Porsche Club and only to members.

Now, what someone might turn-around and try to sell one for after purchase is a different discussion.... I wouldn't expect it to get much over that in a re-sell situation, since it is not "that" special. 20 years from now? Sure, might have retained some extra value, but this is not rare enough at this point to go for significant premiums. My opinion, anyways. I bet we'll see some yahoo buy one and try to sell it for a huge markup as a super-special Porsche....

Old 03-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks, I wondered how much the secondary market would stand on one, if it were to come up for sale. Only 60 made , seems small, but then 60th anniversary is not like the 50th or 75th. Strange how that works.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:38 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Thanks, I wondered how much the secondary market would stand on one, if it were to come up for sale. Only 60 made , seems small, but then 60th anniversary is not like the 50th or 75th. Strange how that works.
The thing is, the MSRP is a great deal considering the same optioned S car would run you much more, like maybe GT3 lower-end type of money. But this is NOT a car that is built in small numbers -- the paint, couple of anniversary badges (interior), sticker on the doors, and serial number are the only special things about this car. Otherwise it is a well-optioned C2 GTS and that's it. Would someone pay a premium just to own one and put it in storage? Probably. A collector, for example. But I think if someone were to charge like GT3 or TT type prices for the CC because it is so "rare" it just wouldn't make sense. Better investment to get a PTS GT3 or TT probably.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by plenum
The thing is, the MSRP is a great deal considering the same optioned S car would run you much more, like maybe GT3 lower-end type of money. But this is NOT a car that is built in small numbers -- the paint, couple of anniversary badges (interior), sticker on the doors, and serial number are the only special things about this car. Otherwise it is a well-optioned C2 GTS and that's it. Would someone pay a premium just to own one and put it in storage? Probably. A collector, for example. But I think if someone were to charge like GT3 or TT type prices for the CC because it is so "rare" it just wouldn't make sense. Better investment to get a PTS GT3 or TT probably.
Yes I agree. I would rather have a low production GT3 , like you said it is just a paint Job, and 60 on the inside console between the Seats.
Best,
John

Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 AM
moje911 is on a distinguished road
I got the call yesterday saying I was 1/59.

At first I was going to decline because it is just a custom paint job with some embossing and lettering, and I have a 50th. but then I thought there is no crazy premium so it would be nice to have it in this color that I really do like and it will be different enough from the more retro styled 911/50.

I think I'm also a bit pissed because I can't get my hands on a GT4 or GT3RS so I guess a Club ain't too bad. Especially considering it's still NA and available in a manual, in a world quickly going turbo and automatic
That coupled with its exclusivity will make it rare and possibly desirable in the future, that may or may not be different than valuable in terms of 991's however I do believe that the 991 C2 widebody with the powerkit is a plateau in 911 design and engineering.

I tend to like "special" cars, ones that I won't see five of on an afternoon drive, so it ticks that box for me, and the Kool-aid is in the cup holder.

I do take care of my cars, put them on the track and frequent Autogeek and Suncoast but as for resale, that's for my wife/children to decide when I am six feet under, I buy to keep and drive - the long term gains are best realized in the stock or real estate markets, especially when the IRS gives you coupons.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Does anyone know if the color can be ordered for just a normal porsche, turbo etc. Or is it only for the Club Car.
John

Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 AM
Does anyone know if the color can be ordered for just a normal porsche, turbo etc. Or is it only for the Club Car. John
I don't believe you can select Club Blau as it is exclusive to this club car and PCA, however you can do a custom paint to sample if you saw one in the wild and had a fan deck of paint colors on you. Otherwise match to a photo as best you can.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 AM
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=281640826745

Some joker in Portland is trying to make a quick buck, and is quite greedy as well.
Apparently he didn't read the PCA rules or the unwritten rules of don't be a d*ck and gouge.
He makes it very clear that he is a private collector, which I guess legitimizes the sale, the markup and the poor description.

Pretty funny trying to sell something he doesn't have, and probably won't after PCA tracks him down.

Last edited by moje911; 03-25-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by moje911
I don't believe you can select Club Blau as it is exclusive to this club car and PCA, however you can do a custom paint to sample if you saw one in the wild and had a fan deck of paint colors on you. Otherwise match to a photo as best you can.
Does anyone know if the color can be ordered for just a normal porsche, turbo etc. Or is it only for the Club Car.
John
You can't order a P-car of any variant (of course other than the 60 CC's) in this particular color. Period. However, I believe the pattern is that this will be a PTS approved color in the next several years. Also, remember that PTS is from an approved list of colors, not any random paint color you want -- you can submit a request to get a color approved, but that doesn't mean you will get the approval, or that it will become an official PTS color, etc. Even Club Blau had to go through materials testing before it was officially a color for the Club Coupe.

If you want the complete skinny on PTS, full color charts, how the program works, approval process, etc. go see member Eduardo on Rennlist boards. He is quite the expert on the topic of PTS.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by plenum
You can't order a P-car of any variant (of course other than the 60 CC's) in this particular color. Period. However, I believe the pattern is that this will be a PTS approved color in the next several years. Also, remember that PTS is from an approved list of colors, not any random paint color you want -- you can submit a request to get a color approved, but that doesn't mean you will get the approval, or that it will become an official PTS color, etc. Even Club Blau had to go through materials testing before it was officially a color for the Club Coupe. If you want the complete skinny on PTS, full color charts, how the program works, approval process, etc. go see member Eduardo on Rennlist boards. He is quite the expert on the topic of PTS.
http://rennlist.com/forums/attachmen...4-pts-list.pdf

Was being facetious, but any color can be submitted and then have the possibility to be approved once feasibility is checked. But PAG probably wouldn't approve a color a shade between two existing colors.

Here's the list John

Last edited by moje911; 03-25-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Thank you so much for the color information. I know a guy that has a 918 coming in with the "Gulf" colors. Should be slick.
Best,
John Denton

Old 03-27-2015, 08:20 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Latest E-Mail

We have 23 Club Coupes that are unclaimed for purchase. We'll be contacting the next round of winners on Monday morning.

Make sure to stay close to your phone and emails, as you'll only have 48 hours to confirm your intent to purchase.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Any thought on how much over msrp this will bring on Secondary Market. I don't know how many people signed up.
Best,
John Denton

1150 people signed up initially.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:57 AM
frankie997 is on a distinguished road
60th Club Car

I received that letter as well. I can see how some persons would want to sell it because of its low numbers.
Agreed it's not a 50th or 75th but nevertheless 60th anniversary and only 59 cars does make it quite rare.
10-15 years will pass before you know it. Value is in the wallet of the beholder!!
I let a 2006 GT350 slip by and one sold for close to 500 grand several weeks ago... just saying I know it's apples vs oranges.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60th Anniversary Porsche Club Car,