Porsche reviewing warranty claim?? This is ridiculous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for your problems, but that's the risk you take when you put aftermarket parts on your car. My dealer has told me of cases where customers had to put exhaust back to stock to get a warranty claimed paid. Porsche is getting more picky about warranty claims. My dealer says PCNA usually requires photos of the car/engine for warranty repairs. Remember, its PCNA that warrants your car, not the dealer.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dux

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is to be expected from this pathetic and arrogant company.
Yep. Last year I paid $2K to get my brakes fixed after a DE; claim was denied by PCNA. 13th Porsche, no brake issues with any until them.

On the other hand when my car was off the road for two weeks because it stalled in traffic (leaving me dead on the highway in rush hour) they did not offer an apology or consideration of any kind.

Don't even get me started on my GT3 order story...

The point is Porsche service is the worst of any car I've owned in a long time...

I hope they cover OP's claim; good luck.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:41 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
I am a professional complainer. I've have repeatedly done battle with the evil triplets: insurance companies, banks and utilities (including that spawn of satan, Comcast). I win some, I lose some.

Porsche is a push over. A pussycat. I have found that they are willing to satisfy customers. There appears to be a few layers at PCNA to be "peeled back" to get to the decision makers. Once you get the customer service VP or manager, it's easy to explain the problem and get satisfaction.

Porsche replaced all brakes (rotors, pads, sensors and the like) at 38000 miles because I had a persistent squeal - they were not worn out, they were just noisy. It was pretty clear that they wanted to make me happy.

You have to understand that Porsche really wants to make you happy, have to brag about your wonderful car to others and be a "brand ambassador" for them. Buying a Porsche is a choice. You could have purchased a Jag, Ferrari, Lambo, or not - but you bought a Porsche.

Insurance companies, utilities (especially Comcast) and banks could give a f&$k. Their sole purpose for existence is to scr3w their customers because you actually need the crappy service they provide.

Next time you deal with PCNA, remember, they need you to be happy..understand that, if you change your tone and demeanor from enraged customer to disappointed Porsche patron, it will work to your advantage.

With Comcast...when you are really pissed off....write a letter to Charlie Herrin and be sure to start off Dear Charlie as if you long lost buddies from summer camp....http://corporate.comcast.com/news-in...arlie-herrin-2 ... it worked for me.

btw, Contrary to what I told my wife, I really did not need a Porsche.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:01 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I don't get it - Porsche is a race car meant to be pushed. Go to a DE event where you learn how to drive properly and push it and they are using that as an excuse to not take care of your car - you gotta be kidding me.
+1 to that. Damn engine has a dry sump lubrication system. Meant for high g-loads and damn engine is meant to be run at high revs for hours. PDK developed from damn Le Mans.

I seriously doubt an aftermarket exhaust without altering the cats will disable cylinder 3 without harming the others. So that also makes no sense.

This claim needs to be APPROVED or else I will begin to doubt the powers in charge!! And it will affect my next car purchase! Damn it!

Old 04-26-2015, 12:35 PM
billco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rnl

Porsche is a push over. A pussycat. I have found that they are willing to satisfy customers.

Next time you deal with PCNA, remember, they need you to be happy..understand that, if you change your tone and demeanor from enraged customer to disappointed Porsche patron, it will work to your advantage.
About a year age, I had an issue with my music interface (991S). For some reason, when I did a search for an artist on my iPod, it wouldn't do the search in perfect alphabetical order. The dealer scratched their heads and I ended up talking directly to PCNA. They were also not certain what was causing the problem (it still doesn't work correctly) but after my pleasant conversation with them, I received an unsolicited $250 gift certificate to be used for any product or service at a Porsche dealership, with an accompanying letter thanking me for being a loyal Porsche customer.

I'd go the honey route. Save the vinegar for Comcast.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GS997S
Sorry for your problems, but that's the risk you take when you put aftermarket parts on your car. . . Remember, its PCNA that warrants your car, not the dealer.
Excellent point. Doesn't matter that "they" put on the exhaust, they will do whatever you tell them to, as long as you pay them. "They" is the dealer, not PCA, and it's the latter that pays for warranty repairs.

Check your owner's manual. It clearly states that race track driving (HPDE) is not covered and could void the warranty. Do as DRCOLLIE suggests and don't tell them anything! TMI.

Originally Posted by rnl
I am a professional complainer.
Are you hiring?

Originally Posted by billco
I'd go the honey route.
Exactly. No point in getting pissy, it won't help.

Regardless of all of that, DUX, what do you think about that comment that "many 991s have issues with cylinder #3"? Do you think that could be at all related to the surging issue?

Old 04-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Sorry about your woes. I'll add my $0.02.

1. Mentioning the PCA track events definitely did not help, since any indication that the car was driven "above and beyond" the regular scope of a passenger vehicle will set off red flags. As unfair and lame as that can be, it's how manufacturers operate, and it's how their legal departments keep them in business.

2. Hang in there and be cordial and understanding. As rnl stated above, play the "disappointed Porsche fanboy" card instead of the "pissed off activist" one. As much as it sucks to be subjected to these arbitrary decisions and silly unstated rules, you're in a much better position if you play it cool and act disappointed without getting angry or immediately threatening legal action. An individual is much less likely to return the favor of being an a***hole if you don't jump at their throats.

Let us know what happens. I've dealt with similar situations in the past with Ford, but they bent over backwards and took care of me while outside of the warranty period. My transmission blew two months after my warranty expired, but Ford NA and my dealership agreed to cover 90% of the replacement cost after a single phone call. It pays to start off with a pleasant tone.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by beemer guy

Are you hiring?

Perhaps. You licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania?

to the OP...just hang in there. Play along with their inane procedure and ask for an email of the person with whom you are speaking...ask them to confirm all representations made to you during any telephone call by email and follow up if they do not send the email.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
1. Hang tight. These things sometime take awhile. Patience. As in, first time taking your wife out to a golf course patient.

2. DEFINITELY play the Porsche fanboy card. I CANNOT stress this enough. Bring up the poster on your wall that you've had since you were 4 years old, how you watched all the legendary racing wins on grainy TV broadcasts, etc. Multiple P-Car owner, many future models that interest you, etc.

3. If denied once...keep on trying. Keep pushing, even if the first answer is not the one you wanted to hear. Again, its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Keep stressing and keep pushing (in the nicest way possible).

Disclaimer - I'm an independent Porsche shop who tries to go above and beyond for all of our customers, including the ones that are still under warranty. They gladly come to us for maintenance and back to the dealer for warranty items, and we get them back when the warranty is all done. You've paid for this warranty, you bet your behinds you are going to use it!

Old 04-30-2015, 11:24 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Update:

Dealer won't work on the car unless I REMOVE MY EXHAUST AND RE-INSTALL MY OEM EXHAUST.

I called 1-800-PORSCHE and spoke to customer service. She opened a claim and should get back to me within a few days. No one could explain how my exhaust could affect cylinder 3. My headers and cats are stock, never touched.

I'm sincerely disappointed how this is playing out. I sure hope Porsche does the right thing.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:38 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Is this dealers decision / position, or is it what PCNA told the dealer to do?
I thought the dealer was the one who installed the aftermarket exhaust in the first place??

Old 04-30-2015, 11:56 AM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
Dealer said PORSCHE NA sent them a "flowchart" and that any aftermarket parts had to be returned to stock before servicing the engine.

And yes, this was purchased and installed by a Porsche dealership.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
A "flowchart". Of course. What were we thinking!!?
Move on from trying to reason with the dealer and insist on a meeting with your regional after sales rep (who will more than likely also be a certified dunce).
Do not waste your valuable time with "customer service" other than to get a case number assigned to you.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:49 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you are covered.
Just reinstall your stock exhaust and let them fix your car.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:10 PM
dux
Yes, just go and spend a couple of hundred dollars to remove an unrelated component (which THEY installed) then spend a few more hundred dollars to have it reinstalled, so that you can get your "free" warranty work done.

Please...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche reviewing warranty claim?? This is ridiculous