911 TTS vs GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:00 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
911 TTS vs GTS

I am wanting to get a 911. My daily driver is a 2014 PTTS which I love but I just want something even more fun. I have driven the 911TTS, a 50th anniversary 911 ( has the power kit) and a GT3. The GT3 was not for me . The normally aspirated 911(50th) seemed more 'fun, raw',better exhaust note then the TTS? Don't get me wrong the TTS was awesome fast and fun when you are going fast but I probably won't track it. I am not sure if I will miss the turbo as again my DD is the PTTS. I am not sure what to go with. High class decisions I know (LOL).

Last edited by georgemaser; 04-26-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
WELL, I just traded a 2014 porsche TT for the GTS. My reason was simple: my car is a daily driver, a few trips, non tracked. The TT was a sprinter, and had all the cachet attached to the top model. ( as it should). I missed the natural aspirated car, the sound and I felt more in control of the car than I did the TT. It was a wondrous excitement to drive it. I had two TT and I traded them both for the NA porsche. It just seemed like more of a driver's car. Thats about as vague and unspecific as it can be, but it was the way I felt and feel now. I am glad I made the switch.
G

Old 04-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Are you keeping the Panamera? If so, I'd suggest a 911 50th or a GTS/911S. If you like the exhaust note of the NA engine, you're not going to get the same feel from a Turbo. Since you already have a bullet train with the Panny TT, I'd opt for the NA feel of a Carrera.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like you have already decided to get the NA 991. The 991 GTS in either 2 or 4 trim is an exceptional offering. If you do not mind running at relatively high rpm for torque, definitely get the 991 GTS. Surprisingly, to me anyway, the PGTS exhaust note makes up for the relative lack of torque in regular driving and you probably have the sport exhaust on your PTTS, so you have the bases covered. Have to say though that the 991 TTS is in another dimension from any other car I have driven and the ability to "teleport" oneself in it remains a thrill nine months after I took delivery last July.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Well my two cents. I have a C4S (no power kit) and a PTT. Both MY14. I love them both and thought my 4S was the best. After driving my wife's PTT I have seriously considered getting a CTT but can't get past the NA sound.

I plan to look at a few mods on the car to help speed it up.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:09 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Samp
Well my two cents. I have a C4S (no power kit) and a PTT. Both MY14. I love them both and thought my 4S was the best. After driving my wife's PTT I have seriously considered getting a CTT but can't get past the NA sound.

I plan to look at a few mods on the car to help speed it up.
Ive done this both ways, but the power kit is the best bang for the buck. IT does not depreciate but adds value on trade or sell, and is inline with the whole Porsche powertrain. Just My opinion

Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Very different animals and fantastic choices in their own ways.

You've driven both and prefer the NA - there is no bad choices here folks!

Revving out the NA motor and enjoying that aspect of these cars is an experience that I feel more people should really get the opportunity to have.

You already have the PTT for that turbo warp speed push - I say go with the GTS so you even out the stable a bit!

Old 04-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna throw out there, personally, I think the 50thGTS looks better too. Fuchs styled wheels and all. For the average spirited driver, NA power is power you can learn, use, and know what to do with... In this case there is still a great amount of that power. 2 cents!

Last edited by GMP Performance; 05-08-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Dexston is on a distinguished road
Just curious - what was the deciding factor that made the GT3 not for you?

Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Yes, I wanna know too: GT3. Why not for you? Too harsh of a ride?

I will maintain that the best 911 I ever drove was a 997 GTS coupe with PASM sport suspension. The car was telepathic. If I ever go away from my PTT, it will likely be a GT3 or a 911 GTS.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:19 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by chance6
Yes, I wanna know too: GT3. Why not for you? Too harsh of a ride?

I will maintain that the best 911 I ever drove was a 997 GTS coupe with PASM sport suspension. The car was telepathic. If I ever go away from my PTT, it will likely be a GT3 or a 911 GTS.
Originally Posted by Dexston
Just curious - what was the deciding factor that made the GT3 not for you?

Thanks for all the input. As far as the GT3, I just thought it was to raw for me. I am not going to track the car. It seems that before you can really feel what this car can do you have to go beyond the legal speed limits. I also like the low end torque of the turbo but what draws me to the NA 911 is the exhaust note and body style ( I don't like the looks of the 911 turbo as much ). Also in my 'older age', I feel like I need more luxury items ( seat memory, entry and drive etc..), then the GT3 has to offer.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Jgreer902 is on a distinguished road
I had a 997 TT until last fall. Traded it in on a boat. Love the boat but really missed a fun car. Thought long and hard about what car was next. I do 4-6 track days per year and love the time on the track. So I has my heart set on a GT3. However, after serious research and consideration I came to the conclusion that the GT3 would cause too many sacrifices for 4-6 extant track days. My car is a fun car, not a daily driver, however a Sunday drive with my honey would be nice for me but not so nice for her.. Rough, low, loud!
The NA sound of the GTS is amazing, ride is nice and it has the nice creature comforts. The TT was $50k more, and although a wild ride, I wanted a change.
Had a demo GTS 4 on the track last weekend and was super impressed.

My 2016 GTS 4 is due in in mid August. Can't wait!

Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 AM
LSs1Power is on a distinguished road
The only reason I would consider a GTS over TTS or GT3 is because of the manual transmission.

I wish Porsche put a manual option back for those cars!

Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 AM
NoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to behold
I second what all the Turbo-to-NA 991 guys are saying. The Turbo power (even the now-measley 467 ft-lbs of my X50) is intoxicating. But the sound is crappy -- either whisper quiet, or droney if you go with something more aggressive (at least the 4 options I've wasted money on over the years). I went in intending to buy a 991TT, wound up intoxicated by the 991S with PSE I drove, ordered a GTS which just came in 10 days ago.

Getting back to NA sound and power delivery has been a great call for me. No regrets.