First real look!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:12 AM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
First real look!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...tro-95600.html

Attached Images    
Old 05-21-2015, 06:17 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Looks good except for the front bumper.
991.1 still looks better.

Last edited by lunarx; 05-21-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:54 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Facelift or minor tweaks. Agreed not crazy about the front bumper. NO model designation on the rear bumper just Porsche or maybe just a mule car.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:20 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I guess, but glad I bought my GTS.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Front bumper looks way too busy. I love the clean lines of our current design.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I think it looks great.
I am more interested in the interior enhancements such as the new MF steering wheel with paddles and 918-style rotating switch mounted in the four o’clock position and the new more modern PCM with larger screen.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche-991_2-interior-2.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	463.6 KB
ID:	420727  

Last edited by galion; 05-22-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by galion
I think it looks great. I am more interested in the interior enhancements such as the new MF steering wheel with paddles and 918-style rotating switch mounted in the four o’clock position and the new more modern PCM with larger screen.
Look at that, multifunction WITH paddle shifters. What a concept. What took them so long for that idea?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
I think it looks great.
I am more interested in the interior enhancements such as the new MF steering wheel with paddles and 918-style rotating switch mounted in the four o’clock position and the new more modern PCM with larger screen.
Yes it's missing the sport/sport plus buttons in the stack..guess that's what the rotating switch is about. They're going to integrate Apple Car play and Google equivalent (not sure) in there too, including an app to locate/lock/unlock the car..

Old 05-23-2015, 03:04 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Nice rear. Seems like they wanted more cooling in the front, perhaps to accommodate increased heat from the turbos. I think I'm glad to have the last of the NA, but I'll reserve final judgement until I drive one.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 05-23-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
These look like good improvements to me. Been thinking about a GT3 but maybe a new S will be enough.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Still no confirmed engine numbers. Would really like to see real stats and what has been done to minimize lag in the new turbos. Could be a great car.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
My german's friend told me 2.7L for carrera and 3.0L for carrera S, no further detail yet. Facelift spyshoot looks great, especially the smooth reworked side body panel with no visible anti-rust surface finish on the bottom part.

I believe this .2 turbo'ed carreras are the sweet spot for street use and should be more fun to drive.

Current N/A engine on carreras are too slow to get going, low on torque, must do high rpm to enjoy, and by that time we will be driving like a moron.
On the other hand, current Turbo/s is brutaly fast to get going, no city road/highway seems long enough for this 911 species.

On the positif side, everyone have something to brag about whether it is the last N/A carreras, the better and more usefull powerband turbo'ed carreras, or the true porsche turbos. Looks like everyone wins .

Old 05-25-2015, 07:59 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I'd love to see 3.4 liter on the Carrera S! Almost seems a necessity to me.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:45 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
That steering wheel is awesome - I have the similar style in my Macan. Love it.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 PM
eonflux is on a distinguished road
With the 996, 986, 997, and 987, I liked the initial designs, front and back, more than the refreshes. From these pics of the 991 refresh, that may hold true again.
Overall, the 911 is a fairly simple design from the side, and the new front and back are a bit busier, so not quite as consistent.
Wonder if the rear grill will be black no matter what body color.
Overall, though, the 991.2 will still look good.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First real look!