2014 C2S Cab Purchase Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
rocket94 is on a distinguished road
2014 C2S Cab Purchase Question

I am purchasing a 2014 C2S Cab, heavily optioned with PP, Sport Exhaust, Full leather, Sport design front bumper, SD Mirrors, Turbo Wheels, Bose, PDK, LED headlights, Sport Chrono. THe car has 10k miles on it and was an porsche executive car, never registered. It will be certified with the extra warranty till 2020.

Do any of you have any reservations about buying an executive car? I asked if the car was with one person or moved around and the salesperson didnt know. Its one thing to buy a used car from a single owner but a car that gets handed over ever few months might be abused. I am struggling with this.

The overall condition of the car is excellent. Paint is perfect, Interior leather has no wear. There are 4 brand new tires on the car as well.

Ive seen the forum mention that you can have them pull information off the CPU on the car indicating high revs, etc.....would that be a good indicator?

Thanks to all in advance.

BTW, i am coming from a 997 base car. The sport exhaust and full leather really sold me.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:17 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
It would not bother me in the least, the car is CPO'ed so you are good on it for many years to come. Long as you get your price, I think you will be good to go.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:37 AM
ctoastin is on a distinguished road
I would not buy an "executive" car regardless of the discount. The "executives" who drive these cars know they are turning them back after a very short interval and drive the cars extremely hard - because they have no stake in the long term health of the vehicle - and unlike buying a car off lease, they face not penalties if the car is not treated correctly. Moreover, many people who lease cars are uncertain if they will buy it after the lease is up, meaning the cars are often pretty well treated as a result. BTW - the reason the car needs four tires after 10k miles is probably because it was driven extremely hard by the "executive" who knew it was not going be his problem.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:44 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
I believe the tires have to meet a certain specification in remaining 32nds of tread in order to qualify as a CPO car. I would have no problem with buying it as long as you are happy with it cosmetically.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by ctoastin
I would not buy an "executive" car regardless of the discount. The "executives" who drive these cars know they are turning them back after a very short interval and drive the cars extremely hard - because they have no stake in the long term health of the vehicle - and unlike buying a car off lease, they face not penalties if the car is not treated correctly. Moreover, many people who lease cars are uncertain if they will buy it after the lease is up, meaning the cars are often pretty well treated as a result. BTW - the reason the car needs four tires after 10k miles is probably because it was driven extremely hard by the "executive" who knew it was not going be his problem.
That was my thoughts as well.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the sentiment that with essentially 5 years warranty I would not hesitate to buy if price is right. Rear tires on a 991 don't last a long time. I have PDCC which is supposed to save tire wear but still only got 12k miles out of my rears so to me that is not an issue either. I do not Track or Auto X my car so no excessive wear from that activity.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:07 PM
beaverlake is on a distinguished road
I'm with the "no worries"camp. We bought a press Z4 in the early 2000s with no issues. Purchased CPO MB SL 550, a BS, and a C2s cab all CPO. I have no reason tho believe that previous owners abused the cars and no reason to believe every exec or lessee would abuse a car. You're covered. The car sounds like a really great build and if the price is right go for it!

Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
You hit it right on the button yourself. Have the car checked for over-revs and number of launches. You're getting a full warranty so you're covered until then. If there are a lot of launches or over-revs, you can think about selling it at the end and you have a "one" owner car. Company's call a lot of people "executives" these days. ctoasin is probably right that it's not the 80 year old chairman of the board, it's probably some hot shot 45 year old "executive" that's as aggressive with his cars as he is with his employees- but it's all documented. Have the tech show you the record personally so there's no question. Then you know what you are dealing with. If you are the recorded original owner you should be able to lemon law the car if you have to, but check the rules in your state for that also.

Check KBB to see what the fair value price is and pay slightly less.

Hope it all works out for you!

ChuckJ

Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
You hit it right on the button yourself. Have the car checked for over-revs and number of launches. You're getting a full warranty so you're covered until then. If there are a lot of launches or over-revs, you can think about selling it at the end and you have a "one" owner car. Company's call a lot of people "executives" these days. ctoasin is probably right that it's not the 80 year old chairman of the board, it's probably some hot shot 45 year old "executive" that's as aggressive with his cars as he is with his employees- but it's all documented. Have the tech show you the record personally so there's no question. Then you know what you are dealing with. If you are the recorded original owner you should be able to lemon law the car if you have to, but check the rules in your state for that also.

Check KBB to see what the fair value price is and pay slightly less.

Hope it all works out for you!

ChuckJ

Old 06-19-2015, 11:46 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't be afraid to buy the car. Do your due diligence on checking as you mentioned and with the warranty you should be fine. If the car was taken care of as you say just driving hard won't hurt it. These cars are meant to be driven aggressively. Get the best deal you can.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:55 PM
jerryk991 will become famous soon enoughjerryk991 will become famous soon enough
Porsche brings cars to various concours for people to drive and I know when we drove a Boxster GTS the Porsche rep said don't worry about taking it up in the high revs as it won't break - be really careful checking on over revving, etc.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
An "executive" car can mean a lot of things, it could have been a press car, a loaner for tennis tournaments (Sharapova gets a Porsche every time she wins, AFAIK, she must have a bunch of them...) or just a factory rep that went around the country dealing with problem customers. With the exception of being a press car, it probably hasn't been beaten on too badly. And I thought that over-revs were not an issue with PDK?

If you want to keep it forever and ever, then I might pass on it, but if you intended to just keep it during the warranty period, then I wouldn't sweat it.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Car has an oil change in San Diego, then sold out of atlanta in Feb 2015 to my NY dealer. I requested them to pull the history of the motor. Dealer told me that they buy these cars from Porsche at dealer only auctions.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Look at the car over-rev report even if it has a PDK. It should still give you an indication of how it was driven. If they are selling for a decent discount over a new car, go for it. It has a warranty that will cover it for 5 years. If something is going to happen it will likely happen in that time. I bought a Porsche in 1974, from the dealership that was an executive car - they autocrossed it. I never had a problem with the car and sold it without issue several years later.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 AM

Deal is done and delivery taken! Over rev report was fine. The dealer delivered on all issues i brought up and car is in excellent shape. Absolutely love the full leather interior. Even though they detailed the car it needs paint correction and PPF.