DB vs MA carbon fiber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
DB vs MA carbon fiber

Am looking to switch some interior trim from aluminum look to carbon fiber. Has anyone dealt with either of the companies mentioned above. Prices are very similar. Just looking for some feedback.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:04 AM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I have both companies products on my car. You would not go wrong with either, quality wise. I have an MA PDK shift **** and inner door dills, and a DB custom steering wheel, and they match the Porsche CF interior pieces that came with my TTS.

Only difference I would point out is that DB does not have a US core exchange program because they are in Europe. MA does for many of their products. Your net cost could be less with MA from this fact, but you might want to resell the DB products and reinstall you originals if you sell the car at some point.

I will point out that my recent CS experience with MA was not the best. I repeatedly requested and was promised pictures of some CF pieces I wanted to purchase, but I was ignored. This happened twice over a period of several months. So I bought my pieces covered in leather from Exclusive Option instead, and MA also lost my business for the custom CF/leather steering wheel I would have bought from them, but instead bought from DB.

I have had nothing but fast and friendly responses to emails with DB Carbon, however. I am not faulting MA Carbon for their product quality, just their lack of response to my inquiries, which cost them several thousand dollars in lost product sales to me. Take my experience for what it is worth.

My best advice is to get a list of what you want, then compare prices, and balance that with the response you get to emails, net cost relating to core returns or not and whether you want to keep your original parts, and decide from there who to give your money to.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:09 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Daniel at DB Carbon in Germany should be your choice.

Incredible work, incredible customer service, and great guy!

Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STG991
Daniel at DB Carbon in Germany should be your choice.

Incredible work, incredible customer service, and great guy!
+1. I too have dealt with Daniel at DB and he is great. He gets back to you quickly and answers all questions honestly. I have never purchased from MA, but DB's stuff is top shelf. Keep in mind that you will also have to pay custom fees, to keep that in mind if you buy from them.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:12 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the quick replies. I will do as recommended. I appreciate the honest feedback.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:46 AM
RMA4 will become famous soon enough
MA Carbon

I have used MA Carbon in several of my cars. Excellent quality and extremely good people to work with.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:40 PM
sshu930 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
+1. I too have dealt with Daniel at DB and he is great. He gets back to you quickly and answers all questions honestly. I have never purchased from MA, but DB's stuff is top shelf. Keep in mind that you will also have to pay custom fees, to keep that in mind if you buy from them.
How much is custom fees, what % of the sale?

Old 07-31-2015, 01:52 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
It has been a number of years since I purchased, but if my memory serves me correctly, I paid about $30-$35 for a $750 piece.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:51 PM
GraSox is on a distinguished road
I have only worked w MA......very good product and I was lucky enough to talk with John who is the owner. He was great to talk with and answered all my questions. If comparing, give John a call. Hope everything works out.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:51 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I have used both MA and DB with equal success so either one would make a good choice. They both do core exchanges but for me, the European shipping charges made DB’s program not worth doing. http://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/e...gories/Service

Old 08-02-2015, 08:39 AM
6sol4me will become famous soon enough
I have several parts from MA and worked with John (the owner) to have the parts installed. Very high quality and these guys are professionals! I would highly recommend them and if you live in the SF Bay Area you should stop by their place and they can show you some of the amazing parts they are working on.