My new '15 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:46 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
How on earth did they explain your mirror being a different color??

Old 07-08-2015, 08:56 PM
jdmstuff is on a distinguished road
They are having their body shop do the claying and detailing so I'm not worried about a porter doing a half-assed job on it. We'll see what it looks like on Monday when I go and pick it up. There's still no explanation as to where the "rogue" mirror came from.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Just look it over for any buffer trails/holograms that the body shop may put into the paint finish. They are notorious for using rotary buffer/polishers and most don't know how to use them properly.

Keep us posted!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:03 PM
sandbar will become famous soon enoughsandbar will become famous soon enough
Let us know how the final outcome is for you. Hope your extremely satisfied.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:59 PM
So we're heading into week 2 of my car at the body shop. The new mirror housing has been repainted and the majority of the spots have been supposedly removed by claying. The spots on the spoiler and rear lid have reappeared. To resolve this, new parts have been ordered and they are being repainted. Luckily, it's on the bolt on pieces and not on the sheet metal, so I was okay with the repaint. Besides, if it doesn't turn out right, I can go with ducktail. The car should be ready by next Tuesday and I can't wait to get rid of the Cayenne loaner.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:10 AM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
You're going to be thinking about this in a few years and the car will probably never not have a sour taste now.

Old 07-18-2015, 01:54 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that seems a lot of work for a new car, but they seem to be doing the right thing by you. Hope all comes out great for you. Enjoy the ride.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:45 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Glad they are taking care of it and you are getting new parts. Keep on top of it and if it's not up to your standards, either have them redo it, or refuse the car.

Keep us posted!

Old 07-29-2015, 10:14 PM
22 days later, I finally picked up my car today. The fallout is gone and the passenger side mirror now matches the driver's side. The body shop was having issues with the roof molding as it wasn't sitting in the channels properly and that took a few extra days. They did the best they could but it's still a little off. Overall, I wish I would have gotten my car back sooner, but I'm glad it's back in better shape than the day I drove it home from the dealer. BTW, can someone post some pics of their roof moldings from your non-sunroof car for reference? There weren't any on the lot to compare it to. Here's a quick pic for now.
Name:  11217978_10200829334893212_6112537246769788817_o_zpszvq6dre9.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  118.6 KB

Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

You've gotta drive your car and start enjoying it, I do the same thing as you however it's only when I purchase a car used, I analyze everything about the car,sometimes I go over to my cars that I purchased new and pretend it was something I purchased used and once I start analyzing it I realize that no car is perfect fit and finish wise.

It actually puts my mind at ease and then I start enjoying the car more.

Anyway I hope I put your mind at ease I think your 991 is now more perfect than 99% of all new 991's because you had the imperfections fixed ... Please enjoy it you picked a real beauty ... Btw cool Mini S

Old 08-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Vintage Racer will become famous soon enoughVintage Racer will become famous soon enough
Very nice.