Sport Exhaust Sound without PSE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:23 PM
vangulik42 is on a distinguished road
Sport Exhaust Sound without PSE

I have base 991 without PSE. However, when in Sport Mode, the exhaust seems to me to sound stronger than in normal mode. Is it only my imagination, or is the exhaust sound changed by activating Sport mode?

Old 06-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
Sport mode changes the tune and idle as well as throttle response, so what you're hearing is that.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:13 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vangulik42
I have base 991 without PSE. However, when in Sport Mode, the exhaust seems to me to sound stronger than in normal mode. Is it only my imagination, or is the exhaust sound changed by activating Sport mode?
You are hearing the piped in music of the engine intake, it's called the sound symposer and most of us have plugged the device as it drones

Old 07-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
If you are looking to wake it up, I would be more than happy to assist you! A perfect set up on a non-pse car would be our center muffler bypass x-pipe in addition to the side Maxflo mufflers or Supercup!

Take a look at the current 991 product line and please let me know if you have any questions!
Porsche 991 Product Line

Old 09-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Apex99 is on a distinguished road
How is the drone with the Fabspeed X-pipe system including the center and side muffler replacement?

Old 09-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rnl
You are hearing the piped in music of the engine intake, it's called the sound symposer and most of us have plugged the device as it drones

+1. The valve opens up and lets more engine/intake noise enter the cabin. Unlike BMW's Active Sound Design, you hear actual engine and intake noise.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Apex99
How is the drone with the Fabspeed X-pipe system including the center and side muffler replacement?
The Supersport X-Pipe is an aggressive system that favors the higher RPM's. Our new Valvetronic Exhaust System may be an option for you as well to gain the best of both worlds. With the valves open it effectively bypasses the center and side mufflers and dumps the exhaust out of the tips. With the valves closed it forces the exhaust through the X-Pipe and our side Maxflo Mufflers!

Take a look!
Porsche 991 Carrera Valvetronic Exhaust System