PDK Clutch engagement from stop hesitation

Old 07-29-2015, 09:11 PM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
following up, I did the throttle reset and noticed an immediate difference. Definitely more responsive though not fully eliminated; id say 80%. Wondering to see if the issue returns like other members have stated.

Those with the issue, what year are your cars? I have a 2012 and wondering if the issue is isolated to older builds? At least its a step in the right direction in diagnosing the exact issue. thanks

Old 07-30-2015, 08:14 PM
mmaturo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spudz5
following up, I did the throttle reset and noticed an immediate difference. Definitely more responsive though not fully eliminated; id say 80%. Wondering to see if the issue returns like other members have stated.

Those with the issue, what year are your cars? I have a 2012 and wondering if the issue is isolated to older builds? At least its a step in the right direction in diagnosing the exact issue. thanks

Mine is a '14 with 6K miles so can be all years. Also tried the adaptation 3 days ago. Car still big time did a delay taking a right hand turn from a stop trying to jump into traffic. So nope didn't help much. Car will be going in soon after I try a gopro video.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:14 PM
Chiehwei Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone have the results or fixes of this PDK clutch engagement issue yet?
Mine is not 991 but 2009 997 PDK having this issue, had the local shop reset the PDK learning software and it's better but not totally fixed.
I will try to do the throttle reset tonight see if it's helpful.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:08 AM
mmaturo is on a distinguished road
I get a kick out of this being in the original thread and my car does it. Reprogramming helped by the dealer but sadly and why this car w 81k miles on it will leave me with no love lost is that I modified my driving with the car and I do not try to jump out in traffic... yup 3 1/2 years in and all these miles I gave up 2 1/2 years ago. I wait for a big opening. The 991.1 S is my daily so deal w it. I also own an R8... I don’t wait on big gaps with it. This is what Porsche was hoping I guess. I pummel the car but I don’t trust it on launch so I just gave up and accepted it. Sad. R8 RWS about to replace it. Sadly my car has rattled and I’m lucky I live in Florida since my heat intermentently works and they have never been able to fix it. Heat in a 124K sticker car and it works maybe 40 percent of the time. Sorry about the rant but after years of good and terrible stuff I deal with plus the crazy cost of service and extended warranty I’m about done. My 1 of 90 in the US ‘12 R8GT is cheaper to insure, service and warranty... a hand built car by Audi Sport ve my 14 991.1 S. Anyway I don’t know about the 997 but they tried, its a bit better but again I stopped trying. Don’t race that Maxima from a light... he might take you.