991 GTS observations

Old 07-12-2015, 10:11 AM
agateGTS is on a distinguished road
Love my GTS

I have 1200 miles on my gts coupe. I traded a 15 4S coupe and have had many 4s's, s's and one turbo (07). This car is the best taking into account that my turbo was a 997. It is fast, loud and luxurious with all leather interior. I hope you enjoy yours as much a I am enjoying mine. This car is special ( and I have owned 13 911's cabs and coupes since 2004) and I plan on keeping it a long while, opposite of my typical attention span.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	423693  
Old 07-12-2015, 12:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I agree they are special- I've never owned a 911 Turbo but I can imagine how great that would be too...but this one has great acoustics and loves to rev...I agree I'm keeping mine as well.

If you look down the line about 4 years, we may be looking at one of the best, last NA 911's.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chance6
Oh man that could be tough. Mexico blue is sweet and I bet would look great on a GTS. Carmine red is also fantastic.

For me I've never had a white car, ever...silvers and black have kinda dominated- kinda liking it right now. (Hope I like it for another 3 years at least)
Originally Posted by akbjr
PTS is very cool. If you went that way consider that gray that was on the 50th anniversary car, geyser maybe?. Or Mexico blue. Or atlas grey. All great colors.

I did not want to wait 6 months and went with GT silver. However carmine was my second pick. A great color and way better than guards red. Think about the interior painted package with carmine red. No charge and way cool.

6 weeks will go fast. Limit your changes to once per week and you will be good. .

Akbjr

Absolutely. If PTS were the case, I would realistically consider Mexico or Riviera blue. But yes, Carmine Red > Guards Red on a GTS.

I still need to hit up a local dealership and actually SEE Carmine in person. I walk away from my white 991 every day and can't stop staring at her. I really hope Carmine does the same for me.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:17 PM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
991 GTS observations

I saw carmine a few weeks back. Very deep. Very lush. Even better then Ferrari red. A great color in my opinion. I have crap weather in Chicago so I decided to go with GT silver. Hopefully will be a bit easier to maintain as I have had enough with black.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
I saw carmine a few weeks back. Very deep. Very lush. Even better then Ferrari red. A great color in my opinion. I have crap weather in Chicago so I decided to go with GT silver. Hopefully will be a bit easier to maintain as I have had enough with black.
GT Silver is a gorgeous color on a 911.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:38 AM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Carmine Red is such a fantastic colour. My brother has it on his Cayenne GTS.

Hell, if the Turbo had it (besides indulging in the cost of PTS), I would most definitely choose it.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Blondebaerde is on a distinguished road
Grave digging thread, musing on 991.1 GTS since they've now passed into history. Interesting: this is my first post, though I've lurked here five years and post periodically to...never mind.

My 996 Turbo was special, an '01. I was second owner. Traded in for 2015 C4 GTS, March 2016, in an unusual deal. Worked out well in the end.

The 991.1 GTS is miles better than the 996 Turbo in most ways, due to refinement: the incremental improvements seen in 911s each and every generation. The Turbo, however, had a torque rush no normally aspirated car can match. Both came in about same HP, 996TT more on torque. I don't miss the 996, per se, but it was a hoot and holler to spool up. No doubt of that, Turbos are scary fast.

I haven't driven 997.x or 991.x Turbos. Best not; I cannot afford the latter, hence the GTS, though it seems a hella-bargain and is tastefully-executed.

991 GTS sounds much better, though I had a Ruf exhaust on my 996 as well (first owner installed). Rev the 991 hard, it's right in there making major power if you really go for it. On the snarl, it's a spectacular sound and a Gallardo dude give me a thumbs up when I crept up on him in a roundabout and dropped two gears (PDK) pretty fast: rev matching! Was just having a bit of fun; he knew it too.

GTS has a rather wild look to it, mine's Guards with painted side skirts and Aerokit Cup, so it does get a bit "loud" in the presentation...that interesting black/red contrast...

...which is exactly what I wanted. In the reds, Lava is one click wilder, Carmine another more-mellow IMO.

A guy around here (eastside Seattle) has a Carmine C2 GTS Cab that is equally interesting. Slightly different execution on the concept; we compare notes from time to time at the weekly summer show: Exotics at RTC.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:57 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I've read about 996 Turbos; that they are one of the best bargains around these days, and many prefer them to the 997 Turbo.

Due to my proximity to work, my GTS only really gets driven on weekends. At this point, after a year of ownership, I'm only at about 6,500 miles on the clock. The car is new.

I have a feeling I will be keeping this beast for a long time.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:30 PM
28911 will become famous soon enough
GTS is a keeper....4000 miles and counting

Name:  image-2990756577.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  492.6 KB

Old 07-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 28911
GTS is a keeper....4000 miles and counting

Attachment 454426
Nice, Where in FL?

Old 07-26-2016, 06:23 AM
28911 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Shawn C
Nice, Where in FL?
Highland Beach