Porsche Logo Floor Lighting and Tire Marker Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:44 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I did this mod. Thanks advantyper.

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2015, 10:29 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
PorscheCrazy which did you use? I am about to order the set I saw on ebay. Also was it difficult to get the original ones off the car?

Old 08-08-2015, 06:23 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuzziGreg
PorscheCrazy which did you use? I am about to order the set I saw on ebay. Also was it difficult to get the original ones off the car?
I ordered here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Door-...5619fc&vxp=mtr

make an offer of a couple of bucks off.

Easy mod, just use a trim tool to pry the existing light from the door. As you pry from the top, the red lens will probably come off - that's ok. Once the lens pops off, you will be able to see the body of the unit, and from there you can pry the unit out. Pinch the prongs and pull out the connector and plug into the new unit and push the unit in. One thing though, in order to change the position of the emblem, if you have to, you need to take off the lens of the new unit. A little pressure on the lens at the right points and it will pop off. The whole thing is easy.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:44 PM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Thanks just ordered.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Did the floor lighting. Even though my wife thinks I have completely lost it they look great.

Bought them on Ebay for $19.99. Completely plug and play. Install 5 minutes.
2X Welcome Logo LED Car Door projector Light Ghost Shadow Only for Porsche A
( 261641017672 )http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/261641...0-3/s-l140.jpg

Old 08-20-2015, 10:24 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Nice

Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I did this mod. Thanks advantyper.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
haha nice Richard

Originally Posted by trysixty
....you've never seen him drive

Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
Did the floor lighting. Even though my wife thinks I have completely lost it.....
Yep, that's my fear!

Do they still throw off enough light to be effective puddle lights? And while I like the logo, the circle doesn't do anything for me. Anyone have them without the circle?

Old 08-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BradB
Yep, that's my fear! Do they still throw off enough light to be effective puddle lights? And while I like the logo, the circle doesn't do anything for me. Anyone have them without the circle?
It's actually brighter than the OEM light. Don't really notice the circle just the crest. Again it's a bit "fanatical" but who cares.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:55 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
^^ Thanks!

I have Porsche T-Shirts, Porsche stickers, Porsche models, Porsche flags...I NEED these lights! Oh, and my Porsche Steve McQueen Edition underwear are awesome!

Old 08-26-2015, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by BradB
Yep, that's my fear!

Do they still throw off enough light to be effective puddle lights? And while I like the logo, the circle doesn't do anything for me. Anyone have them without the circle?
If you search on ebay, you will find them without the circle.

I want to know where you got the Porsche Steve McQueen underwear

Old 08-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Porsche underwear..............Hmmm. Interesting purchase.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:42 PM
tron786 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by advantyper
Installed these two mods last week. Love the Floor lighting and highlighted the Pzero logo on the tires.

Took the car out to Rowena Crest, amazing road to play around in the 911.
Hi.
How do you remove the door lamps exactly. I don't want to break the OEM when removing.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 PM
tron786 is on a distinguished road

Oops. Saw the post of the install