I got to try launch control on a Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:29 PM
RichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of light
I got to try launch control on a Turbo S

I recently was in Birmingham, Alabama for the two day Performance Course, and one of the things I got to do was try out launch control in the Turbo S. Loads of fun. Here's a quick video I took.

Richard

Old 07-28-2015, 09:47 PM
mmaturo is on a distinguished road
Cool! How did you like the entire experience? Looking to do this though not sure I will get what I'm after without the advanced days beyond this to understand the 911 more towards the limits better before I ever take my own to the track. Years of track experience here but not with the engine all the way in the back.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:30 PM
RichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mmaturo
Cool! How did you like the entire experience? Looking to do this though not sure I will get what I'm after without the advanced days beyond this to understand the 911 more towards the limits better before I ever take my own to the track. Years of track experience here but not with the engine all the way in the back.
I went with a friend of mine. I don't have a lot of experience and I enjoyed the course. There's a lot I still need to work on, so there was a lot I got out of it.

My friend, on the other hand, has a lot of experience, and I think he felt like the course was a bit lacking.

If you've got years of track experience, you may find some of the lessons such as lane changing and rev matching to be time taken away from track sessions. This is how my friend felt.

So, it really depends on you.

Richard

Old 07-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Thanks. Sounds like what I was thinking. They have things that are closer to more advanced but you have to do them all in order it looks like. Too much $$ to invest over just trying my own car more carefully at the track with an instructor with heavy 911 and hopefully 991 experience. Just wish it wasn't Sebring near me where I would be trying it. Been thinking of just doing an auto x with the car and that probably is a first step to get a feel for it.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:51 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Join PCA and do the Drivers Ed events. Way less expensive, generally great instructing on the circuit, and there are lots of events all year round where the weather permits.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Oh indeed. Already have joined the PCA. Will do a DE with PCA at some point. Been doing DEs with Audi club for a decade in the Midwest at many tracks and more recently now in Florida with Chin Motorsports at Sebring and a few with MVP. Just used to my Quattro RS cars and R8 on the track so need to readjust my thinking for a C2S. Just rather do it first finding the limits and understanding the weight transfer on their car not mine : )