Help with new 991 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Swilliams97
BTW, I love your GTS. My dealer here says he can't get me one
Just did some quick checking...Beverly Hills Porsche has 5 991 GTS cars:

http://www.beverlyhillsporsche.com/n...S&&&&model=911&

They're all convertibles though.

Closer to you, Chicago (Highland Park) has a few:

http://4porsche.com/search.php?total...al_per_page=25

Last edited by Leslierc; 08-25-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Swilliams97 is on a distinguished road
Ok, Now thinking about eliminating the carbon fiber and front facia from my options list and using the savings to do the c4cab black edition if I can get it. Is it noticeable that the c4's are wider than the c2's?

Also, pretty sure I am going with manual but for those PDK drivers out there, what mode do you typically drive in?

Old 08-31-2015, 05:20 AM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Ok, Now thinking about eliminating the carbon fiber and front facia from my options list and using the savings to do the c4cab black edition if I can get it. Is it noticeable that the c4's are wider than the c2's?

Also, pretty sure I am going with manual but for those PDK drivers out there, what mode do you typically drive in?
I don't find the extra width all that noticeable. Certainly not for the average joe. It even takes a true Porsche aficionado a couple of looks to verify the model you are in. My 993S for instance, is far more obvious as being a wide body.

The joy of the PDK for me is being able to change modes often and at any time. I would say I drive around in comfort mode most often but frequently pop it into Sport when I want the extra exhaust burble or just feel like being in a zip-around mood. I use Sport Plus when I want to shift myself and have total control of the rev range. Plus it sounds so cool strolling through the Cars & Coffee event and showing off. I also do track events and that is always Sport Plus.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:50 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Help with new 991 purchase

Get rid of the Carbon Fiber.
Overrated
I KNOW the 4S Rear is Wider!
Looks Sweet!!
I drive in Manual about 40% of the time.