Living on a dirt road

Old 08-19-2015, 05:36 AM
mlbraptor is on a distinguished road
Living on a dirt road

I am thinking about buying a 15 991S. I live on a dirt/gravel road that is about 3/4 of a mile long.
Would that keep you from buying the car? I guess other than getting the car dirty; there will be no harm.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 AM
sandbar will become famous soon enoughsandbar will become famous soon enough
Living on a dirt road

As long as the car is clear wrapped and easy access to a hose, no problem. But I'd have to clear wrap darn near the whole car as the stone throwing would be too much for me.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:36 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
You'd also want to make sure to get grill mesh guards so that the gravel/pebbles don't damage your radiators or get stuck in them.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
I park on a gravel driveway. Every rollout involves a wheelhouse rain of pea gravel from the Michelins. No issues with anything getting stuck, since 2012.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:26 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Living on a dirt road

I agree to wrap the exposed areas. Maybe twice 😀. Go for it. I the positive side it will be kinda warmed up by the time you pavement and can hit the gas😈

Old 08-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
Living on a dirt road

I guess garage talk doesn't allow faces. Oh well.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
You'd also want to make sure to get grill mesh guards so that the gravel/pebbles don't damage your radiators or get stuck in them.
Good idea. My 991s has been in the shop twice due to fender wells that catch stones. My suspension got the stuck way up high but luckily my fans were OK. The mechanic showed me how the stones get sucked up there on my 2 yr service last week. 997 and other models don't have this quirk. At the end of the day, it would not stop me from buying again...the car is awesome !!! Just wish PCNA would find a fix. It looks really simple like mesh guards.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.