another exhaust and valve vacuum hose question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:43 AM
jmbmm is on a distinguished road
another exhaust and valve vacuum hose question

Hello,

on my 3.8 non-pse, i've pulled off both vacuum hoses and capped them.
however, after few days of driving, i've noticed when the ac is on full blast, it would make a high pitch squeaking noise from the back(the rubber hose caps). so i've plugged back one of the sides and the noise is gone now. and of course it's not as loud as unplugging both.......

now im looking for an exhaust w/out valves or getting one and wanting to just keep them open at all times since i don't have a pse swith.

so the question is, would i get cel by just unplugging the hoses w/out capping them?
i've called fabspeed and they said to just tie them away when installing with their system. but the porsche dealer said that it would throw cel once it detects a leak????

anyone have any experience with them?

thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:56 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Your caps must be too big if they are leaking.
Why not cap the port at the COV instead?
Also, add a wire tie or clamp to the cap.

Last edited by lunarx; 08-28-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Thx!!
i'm pretty sure the caps weren't too big... it was pretty hard getting it on there.

but i think i'll try out the clamps though......

also, if i capped it at the cov, do i have to remove the bumper to get access to it? do you know which hose on the cov leads to the exhaust valves?

thanks again!!!

Last edited by jmbmm; 08-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:49 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
You shouldn't get any cel entries if you've completely capped or clamped shut the vacuum lines. Cel message happens when vacuum is applied and due to open end controller value doesn't change. I've never tried just tieing the lines off....
Look at any exhaust replacing the center non or pse exhaust. AWE and Fabspeed both offer non-valved center muffler deletes....

Originally Posted by jmbmm
Hello,

on my 3.8 non-pse, i've pulled off both vacuum hoses and capped them.
however, after few days of driving, i've noticed when the ac is on full blast, it would make a high pitch squeaking noise from the back(the rubber hose caps). so i've plugged back one of the sides and the noise is gone now. and of course it's not as loud as unplugging both.......

now im looking for an exhaust w/out valves or getting one and wanting to just keep them open at all times since i don't have a pse swith.

so the question is, would i get cel by just unplugging the hoses w/out capping them?
i've called fabspeed and they said to just tie them away when installing with their system. but the porsche dealer said that it would throw cel once it detects a leak????

anyone have any experience with them?

thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by plenum
You shouldn't get any cel entries if you've completely capped or clamped shut the vacuum lines. Cel message happens when vacuum is applied and due to open end controller value doesn't change. I've never tried just tieing the lines off....
Look at any exhaust replacing the center non or pse exhaust. AWE and Fabspeed both offer non-valved center muffler deletes....
Thanks!!!!!
I do have the non-valved awe center bypass from my previous 3.4 991 but that design makes everything come out through the side muffler. I was looking for ones that are designed like the awe valve version that has two coming straight out the back when valves are opened and two through the sides. But just without the valves.. But I'm gonna try capping both valves again and if it works w/out any sounds. then I'll just look for the valve versions and just have them open all the time.

When i had both my vacuum hoses capped on the 3.8, it was louder than the 3.4 w/ awe center. Just w/ less crackle and pops, which Is why just capping both hoses alone may not be enough.....
I also looked at fabspeed w/ side muffler delete, but read lots of comments of being too loud.