TPMS Alarm Error??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
TPMS Alarm Error??

Today my car's TPMS Alarm said -4 psi alarm for one tire when the tire has lost no air at all. I reset the TPMS and the alarm cam back although the pressure reading on the tire in question shows no pressure loss? I guess i'll be calling the dealer on this one but curious if anyone else has had this issue.

thanks

Old 09-09-2015, 01:24 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
My TPMS went ballistic last week: erroneous readings with warnings, etc. I made sure the levels were correct (two tires were slightly off) then reset the TPMS system: I set it to maximum weight, then returned to the lighter setting. It took a couple of days for the system to return to normal.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Spoke to dealer..they had me reset all tire pressures and reset TPMS. No alarm today. It's possible that when the tires were hot, they met the pressure standards but when they cooled off, they dropped below the recommended pressure.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:35 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
TPMS Alarm Error??

This happens to me at least twice a month.
Reset and move on...

Old 09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
My TPMS went ballistic last week: erroneous readings with warnings, etc. I made sure the levels were correct (two tires were slightly off) then reset the TPMS system: I set it to maximum weight, then returned to the lighter setting. It took a couple of days for the system to return to normal.
This happens to me a least once a month. I am starting to believe that it has something to due with a signal distortion from underground high tension wires. These does not seem to be a pattern that I can discern. As others have said, reset and move on.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:56 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I'm just happy that the system doesn't pull HP when it sees a low reading, as did my ZO6.