Best Way to Get More Power Out of My 991 Carrera S?

Old 09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Luciddaydream has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Best Way to Get More Power Out of My 991 Carrera S?

Hello
I have a 2012 991 Carrera S. 15k miles. Manual transmission.

I love the thing, but after taking 997 turbos for a spin at the dealership, I can't get my mind off of the power of a turbo.

I'd like a turbo but I honestly don't like the looks of turbos. Too agressive for my taste..

So, I was wondering how I could soup my car up to get more power out of it. I know it will never be able to reach turbo levels, but is it possible to get 50 more HP out of it? Is that the maximum? And.. would it be noticeable?

Our dealership just also got a dyno.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:45 PM
991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream
Hello

I love the thing, but after taking 997 turbos for a spin at the dealership, I can't get my mind off of the power of a turbo.

I'd like a turbo but I honestly don't like the looks of turbos. Too agressive for my taste..

So, I was wondering how I could soup my car up to get more power out of it. I know it will never be able to reach turbo levels, but is it possible to get 50 more HP out of it? Is that the maximum? And.. would it be noticeable?

Headers and a tune can get you close to 30whp

Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
really only a few ponies left here and there in a na engine this small with bolt ons

Old 09-28-2015, 03:39 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
50 HP to an already high strung NA engine. Nope.

Any turbo kits out there?

997 has turbo kits.... maybe go that route.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream
Hello

This, coupled with a high flow exhaust system will get you the closest to 50hp, without adding a turbo or supercharger.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991X51.html

Before speding the money, go test drive a GTS, as it has this kit on it.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:10 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
There is someone on this forum that wants to swap his PDK for a manual. Swap with him ! PDK is worth more than all other tuning stuff combined if you are talking about performance gains.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
drsubie is on a distinguished road
My opinion? Having 'tasted' the turbo, save your $$ and get a turbo... whatever mods you put on your S you will never recoup back, unless you go through the trouble of removing them yourself and selling it. Want to put on simple bolt-on mods? Sure, but don't expect to knock 1s off your 0-60 times. If your fixated on the turbo, you simply won't be satisfied until you pick one up...

Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Vintage Racer will become famous soon enoughVintage Racer will become famous soon enough
You need to trade the car in for a Turbo or a GTS.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:12 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
+1
Pretty much sums it up...

Old 10-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
Not sure a GTS would even give the op the rush he is looking for, the GTS numbers are not much better than a S so thinking the op needs a turbo to get the rush...maybe a GT3.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Vintage Racer will become famous soon enoughVintage Racer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dilligaf
Not sure a GTS would even give the op the rush he is looking for, the GTS numbers are not much better than a S so thinking the op needs a turbo to get the rush...maybe a GT3.
I think he should get a new GT3 RS. Here is my picture from Rennsport V last month. It's a great deal at only $200K.
Name:  2015RGc.jpg
Views: 4411
Size:  649.5 KB

Old 10-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
that is a beautiful car.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:26 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Buy the car you want and put a turbo engine in it.

Last edited by 911Konigin; 10-14-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:22 PM
�� why?

Old 10-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Green Hornet has a spectacular aura aboutGreen Hornet has a spectacular aura about
Best advice ^^

Good Luck

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Way to Get More Power Out of My 991 Carrera S?