Weird Burmeister Glitch-Lost CD and Jukebox

Old 10-08-2015, 06:34 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Weird Burmeister Glitch-Lost CD and Jukebox

Sitting in carpool to pick up my son at his school today, playing the Jukebox on my Burmeister in the TTS. Suddenly, I lost all functionality in the Jukebox and the CD changer. Radio worked, so I knew the speakers were good. Anyways, got home and called my P Dealer Service, and they suggested I let the car sit locked for a few minutes, then head out and see if the PCM reset itself. Sure enough, it is working again.

Strange occurrence......anyone ever see this? Service advisor told me to keep an eye on it and if it repeats they'd look at it, which is fine by me.

Last edited by 991TurboS; 10-08-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 AM
aljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud ofaljaberh has much to be proud of
happened to me two/three times in three years time

locking the car for few minutes and starting again fixed the issue

but when it happens to me even the radio stops working

i asked Porsche service to get it checked few times but was told everything was fine

Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Now that is weird.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
Also happened to me a couple of times. They had to reload the software one time and some hardware the initial time.

Hope it doesn't occur after warranty, the units are costly.