Akrapovič for the Porsche 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Akrapovič for the Porsche 991

Akrapovič Slip-On Line for the Porsche 991/S/4/4S/GTS/Cab

+18HP/+25TQ/-19lbs.

It's a challenge to develop an aftermarket exhaust for the great 911. The Akrapovič engineers have prepared a superb system with a dual nature. By using the optional Akrapovic sound kit, the driver can fully control the exhaust valves, which are controlled by the cars electronics. When the valves are closed, the 911 sounds deeper than stock, but not louder. When the valves are open, expect a completely opposite, pure racing sound.
Keeping the drone effect away was one of the main tasks. The Slip-On is made of special heat-resistant durable titanium alloy, with computer-designed pre-mufflers, main mufflers, and pipes to deliver more power, more torque, weight reduction, and improved throttle response.

For cars without PSE, the Akrapovic sound kit is mandatory. If PSE-equipped, no Akrapovic sound kit is needed.

**Cars equipped with Akrapovič exhaust systems benefit from additional performance and increased responsiveness. Significant gains in power and torque are achieved throughout the entire rpm range.
All Akrapovič exhaust system measurements are made on Akrapovič computer-controlled flowbenches - data measured with a 2012 Porsche 991 Carrera.

Please PM us or email at Akrapovic.Sales@hrewheels.com for more information.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Few questions:

1. What contributes to +18hp and +25lb-ft gain?
2. How it addresses dronny sound issue?
3. Does it include catalytic converter (pass emissions) or not?

Pm'd you on price inquiry.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Tom Mancuso is on a distinguished road
Very nice products but astronomical prices, almost 10% of the cars value. Basically X51 Power kit which is better heads, cam, and ECU tune for 30hp or this exhaust upgrade for about the same price for 20hp. Not trying to be hater, but really I think you guys need to come back to try to reach the average Porsche owners. Maybe a more reasonable priced kit and this one.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:06 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
Few questions:

1. What contributes to +18hp and +25lb-ft gain?
2. How it addresses dronny sound issue?
3. Does it include catalytic converter (pass emissions) or not?

Pm'd you on price inquiry.
PM sent!
Originally Posted by Tom Mancuso
Very nice products but astronomical prices, almost 10% of the cars value. Basically X51 Power kit which is better heads, cam, and ECU tune for 30hp or this exhaust upgrade for about the same price for 20hp. Not trying to be hater, but really I think you guys need to come back to try to reach the average Porsche owners. Maybe a more reasonable priced kit and this one.
Thank you for your feedback. Ironically, we can't keep this system in stock and on our shelves - it's amongst our top sellers. Considering the build, quality and performance gains, we stand by the MSRP for these systems.

Akrapovič is second to none.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hre_wheels

akrapovič is second to none.
This!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels
PM sent!

Thank you for your feedback. Ironically, we can't keep this system in stock and on our shelves - it's amongst our top sellers. Considering the build, quality and performance gains, we stand by the MSRP for these systems.

Akrapovič is second to none.
I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a good system, I'm just saying that in my opinion and many other vehicle owners the prices are a little extreme for an exhaust. But everything I have owned or currently own from my GSXR race bikes too my AMG's and now my Porsche I see you guys making very expensive exhaust systems and advertising the heck out of them.

My point is at the end of the day there are some basics with exhaust the fact that for each system the metal just has to be bent and welded in a certain pattern to fit the applications. Every company has to do the same for their product to fit the applications. Next you have material cost and tone of the system. I just feel as a lot of owners do that you have a pretty steep hike in price for your tone and quality materials. No doubt the materials and labor cost more but I don't think they cost 60-80% more than other great products. So that leaves the remaining cost for tone only. Now it does sound good but then your advertisement videos are big productions with some parts even being animated. I would say some of the cost goes to these high end productions.

Basically my point is at the end of the day the best things in the world don't need advertisement and if the do even they don't need posts that have to be bumped. Porsche and AMG don't have any or very little commercials flooding TV, car magazines or car forums. If they were flying off the shelves I would think revenue would be put into other areas. But this is just all my opinion please don't take it as me being a jerk, as I'm not trying to be.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:01 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a good system, I'm just saying that in my opinion and many other vehicle owners the prices are a little extreme for an exhaust. But everything I have owned or currently own from my GSXR race bikes too my AMG's and now my Porsche I see you guys making very expensive exhaust systems and advertising the heck out of them. My point is at the end of the day there are some basics with exhaust the fact that for each system the metal just has to be bent and welded in a certain pattern to fit the applications. Every company has to do the same for their product to fit the applications. Next you have material cost and tone of the system. I just feel as a lot of owners do that you have a pretty steep hike in price for your tone and quality materials. No doubt the materials and labor cost more but I don't think they cost 60-80% more than other great products. So that leaves the remaining cost for tone only. Now it does sound good but then your advertisement videos are big productions with some parts even being animated. I would say some of the cost goes to these high end productions. Basically my point is at the end of the day the best things in the world don't need advertisement and if the do even they don't need posts that have to be bumped. Porsche and AMG don't have any or very little commercials flooding TV, car magazines or car forums. If they were flying off the shelves I would think revenue would be put into other areas. But this is just all my opinion please don't take it as me being a jerk, as I'm not trying to be.
I'll break it down for you without any sugar coating:

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. They are a paid sponsor here, and are advertising a product. Don't like it? Move on already.

Why comment on why you think it's too expensive for your tastes? That's subjective and your own opinion. All opinion and no facts.

Geez, Porsche has the highest profit margin of any car company out there. Write them a letter saying they're overpriced and see what they say. I've read numerous reviews about this system and know a few people who have it. Nothing but praise. You get what you pay for.

Last edited by STG991; 11-24-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
I'm not disagreeing with you that it's a good system, I'm just saying that in my opinion and many other vehicle owners the prices are a little extreme for an exhaust. But everything I have owned or currently own from my GSXR race bikes too my AMG's and now my Porsche I see you guys making very expensive exhaust systems and advertising the heck out of them.

My point is at the end of the day there are some basics with exhaust the fact that for each system the metal just has to be bent and welded in a certain pattern to fit the applications. Every company has to do the same for their product to fit the applications. Next you have material cost and tone of the system. I just feel as a lot of owners do that you have a pretty steep hike in price for your tone and quality materials. No doubt the materials and labor cost more but I don't think they cost 60-80% more than other great products. So that leaves the remaining cost for tone only. Now it does sound good but then your advertisement videos are big productions with some parts even being animated. I would say some of the cost goes to these high end productions.

Basically my point is at the end of the day the best things in the world don't need advertisement and if the do even they don't need posts that have to be bumped. Porsche and AMG don't have any or very little commercials flooding TV, car magazines or car forums. If they were flying off the shelves I would think revenue would be put into other areas. But this is just all my opinion please don't take it as me being a jerk, as I'm not trying to be.
We understand. Thank you.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by STG991
I'll break it down for you without any sugar coating:

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. They are a paid sponsor here, and are advertising a product. Don't like it? Move on already.

Why comment on why you think it's too expensive for your tastes? That's subjective and your own opinion. All opinion and no facts.

Geez, Porsche has the highest profit margin of any car company out there. Write them a letter saying they're overpriced and see what they say. I've read numerous reviews about this system and know a few people who have it. Nothing but praise. You get what you pay for.
And I will respond without sugar coating my response.

If you can read I said I wasn't disagreeing that it was a good system, but I wanted to know what justified the high price on all of their systems. I was hoping to get a response that explained something I didn't understand about the company and their products. I expected to hear about R&D or something that explains their price. Anyone can write a review, I wanted facts.

But instead I get your response trying to be the forum tough guy. I have a right to ask why. Just like you have a right to open your mouth and act like forum toddler. I do appreciate your effort trying to stop me from asking a question or make me look bad for doing so.

As for profit margins on cars it's all in what type of profit margins your time, education or resources will help you achieve what you are ok paying. Some won't look for a better deal or negotiate, some don't worry about another company's profits because their time is worth more than what they could save by spending time looking for a better deal.

Cheers

Old 11-24-2015, 07:34 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
And I will respond without sugar coating my response. If you can read I said I wasn't disagreeing that it was a good system, but I wanted to know what justified the high price on all of their systems. I was hoping to get a response that explained something I didn't understand about the company and their products. I expected to hear about R&D or something that explains their price. Anyone can write a review, I wanted facts. But instead I get your response trying to be the forum tough guy. I have a right to ask why. Just like you have a right to open your mouth and act like forum toddler. I do appreciate your effort trying to stop me from asking a question or make me look bad for doing so. As for profit margins on cars it's all in what type of profit margins your time, education or resources will help you achieve what you are ok paying. Some won't look for a better deal or negotiate, some don't worry about another company's profits because their time is worth more than what they could save by spending time looking for a better deal. Cheers
You have a right to ask why they charge the price they do? So you're asking them for a profit and loss statement to determine what they should be asking $$? But you don't seem to question why Porsche charges what it does, but you deflect the question to "what people can afford"?

Not trying to be a "tough guy", but your questions are disguised low blows. On top of it, someone making assumptions because they have to advertise as all companies do. Apple advertises as does Porsche!

What they're offering is a complete exhaust system that's above the rest, not some measly bypass pipe. Read up on it.

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/

Last edited by STG991; 11-24-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Not to mention Tom, forum sponsors have the right to advertise on the boards. I know you've accused some of spamming in the past.

Anyway, enough said. I don't want to further distract from the advertisers post.

Last edited by STG991; 11-24-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
Please PM me the price.

Thanks,

Old 11-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by STG991
Not to mention Tom, forum sponsors have the right to advertise on the boards. I know you've accused some of spamming in the past.

Anyway, enough said. I don't want to further distract from the advertisers post.
I would like to know besides material or sound what makes them so much better than their competition. Not to mention the huge price difference from some other very good companies that make great products!

Every vehicle or motorcycle I own or have owned it's the same thing really no other discussion besides their product's materials and the sound and a huge price difference from almost all other competition. So seeing them here also, I decided to ask.

As for you keyboard hero, I can't believe how much you are on their pipe! Let the manufacturer or the vendor do their own talking. But apparently you swing from their nuts so bad you want to defend them!

I fully understand what it is, I promise you my automotive experience would certainly put yours to shame. I am asking why most other companies make very good EXACT SAME comparable parts at prices so much lower.

As for the other Tuner it was Vivid and the reason was because they are sh*tty tuner. I live where their office and shop is and took a vehicle to them and they did a bad install and tried to do things with my vehicle without my permission. That post was directed to that specific tuner. Another member agreed and said it should be in the marketplace just no admin enforces that rule. This is not about spamming it's about the product.

Another member asked a few questions but only a PM was sent the answers were not posted. I assume it's because the price was in the PM but they could have posted the answers for other members but they did not.

Good day sir.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:35 PM
dogshyne is on a distinguished road
It is made of titanium which is expensive to work with. if you don't have the money or don't value what it is, you don't need to buy it. that is the beauty of a free market system. I personally wouldn't spend my money on this, but I trust that their business model makes sense for them or they would change it.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rapture1
Please PM me the price.

Thanks,
Sent

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Akrapovič for the Porsche 991