2 year service cost? help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I had the full 2 year service done last Spring here in Vancouver. Included brake fluid flush, windshield wipers and those pollen filters. Cost, with PCA discount was about $850 CDN (which is about $600 US).

Old 01-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Cutters68 is on a distinguished road
Quoted $1450 for 2-year service

Just dropped my 13 C2S off at Porsche of Nashville. I am at 13K miles. Service advisor says I'm due for 2 year service and asked me if anything was wrong with the car. I said the car is fantastic, just need oil/filter and brake flush. He punches in 2 year service on his iPad and hands it to me to sign. I look down and see $1450. I say that seems a bit steep for oil and brake flush. He says there are other things they do in the 2 year service mainly "cleaning the carbon from the injectors and pistons". I said I doubt I need my carbon cleaned with only 13K on the clock. So he proceeds to subtract that service and hands me the iPad again while saying that will save you $400. About this time I see that there is a January special on brake fluid flush $147. I then ask when did the oil change double in price? He looks puzzled and then I explain that given the January deal on brake flush I'm paying $800 for an oil change. He takes the iPad back and begins punching randomly it appears at the screen and comes back with $600 for the oil/filter and brake flush. Now we are talking. I am sure the overwhelming majority of Porsche owners never question let alone think twice about paying whatever is put before them to sign for service, but I just can't be one of them. I am sure the service advisor is just doing his commission based job and I totally get it.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 AM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cutters68
He says there are other things they do in the 2 year service mainly "cleaning the carbon from the injectors and pistons". I said I doubt I need my carbon cleaned with only 13K on the clock.
They really used that line? Unless they rip the engine apart nothing will clean the carbon out of a direct injected engine. I bet they just dump in fuel treatment.

One time I stopped in for a warranty item and he came at me with that ipad as well with suggested services. I almost told him to stick that ipad somewhere.

I stopped in yesterday and I'm saddened that the service advisors I had a good relationship with no longer work there.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:05 AM
This was posted on another site and would be great if every service department would put something together like this.

911_Service_Brochure (1).pdf

Plus be educated on what your car needs not what the dealer whats to sale you.

911-S-2012-maintenance-checklist.pdf

Old 01-15-2016, 06:52 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CSK 991 C4S
This was posted on another site and would be great if every service department would put something together like this.

Attachment 437467

Plus be educated on what your car needs not what the dealer whats to sale you.

Attachment 437468
This pricing brochure is awesome! I always tell my wife how much money I save by doing all my own maintenance. Now I have proof! (Then I apply those saved funds to something fun I wish to buy!)

Old 01-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
This pricing brochure is awesome! I always tell my wife how much money I save by doing all my own maintenance. Now I have proof! (Then I apply those saved funds to something fun I wish to buy!)
I enjoy DIY'ing, the money saved pays for insurance and tires.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cutters68
Just dropped my 13 C2S off at Porsche of Nashville. I am at 13K miles. Service advisor says I'm due for 2 year service and asked me if anything was wrong with the car. I said the car is fantastic, just need oil/filter and brake flush. He punches in 2 year service on his iPad and hands it to me to sign. I look down and see $1450. I say that seems a bit steep for oil and brake flush. He says there are other things they do in the 2 year service mainly "cleaning the carbon from the injectors and pistons". I said I doubt I need my carbon cleaned with only 13K on the clock. So he proceeds to subtract that service and hands me the iPad again while saying that will save you $400. About this time I see that there is a January special on brake fluid flush $147. I then ask when did the oil change double in price? He looks puzzled and then I explain that given the January deal on brake flush I'm paying $800 for an oil change. He takes the iPad back and begins punching randomly it appears at the screen and comes back with $600 for the oil/filter and brake flush. Now we are talking. I am sure the overwhelming majority of Porsche owners never question let alone think twice about paying whatever is put before them to sign for service, but I just can't be one of them. I am sure the service advisor is just doing his commission based job and I totally get it.
Why is this not considered to be fraud?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dux
Why is this not considered to be fraud?
Don't call the the stealership for nothing!

Old 04-21-2016, 11:49 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ed312ly
tried searching for a thread about this but couldn't find anything, just 1 year service threads.

my car is a 991 base 2014 model with 6500 miles on it (bought in nov 2013)

oil service light came on, spoke with dealer told me I'm due for 2 year service and quoted me $750 (houston) is this price good / fair?

thanks for your help!
Just had my "4" year done on my 2012 991 at Autobahn, Ft Worth. They don't stock Mobil 1 but will use yours if you bring it. I bought 2, 5 qt bottles at Walmart ($45 total) and brought it to them for the service. They did not change the cabin filter or flush brakes as that was not needed and they charged me $154.99 including oil filter and parts. Zach (manager - 817 390-3824) is easy to work with.

ChuckJ

Old 04-21-2016, 12:51 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Nice.

Just wondering - why did they feel they did not need to flush brakes at 4 year maintenance. I thought it was supposed to be bled every 2 years.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:01 PM
dgoldenz has a spectacular aura aboutdgoldenz has a spectacular aura about
Dealer oil change $279. Trophy Performance oil change $99. Same parts.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:28 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Nice.

Just wondering - why did they feel they did not need to flush brakes at 4 year maintenance. I thought it was supposed to be bled every 2 years.
PorschecCrazy:
I changed it at 2 years and I only have 17K miles on the car and I don't track the car. There was only 1% moisture in the fluid. I asked if we could postpone it to next year and they agreed.

ChuckJ

Old 04-22-2016, 05:32 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
PorschecCrazy:
I changed it at 2 years and I only have 17K miles on the car and I don't track the car. There was only 1% moisture in the fluid. I asked if we could postpone it to next year and they agreed.

ChuckJ
How did they know on the percentage of moisture? Are there some strips or something you could by to check it at home?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Cloneman315
How did they know on the percentage of moisture? Are there some strips or something you could by to check it at home?
It's an actual moister meter with read-out. Needs to stay at equal to or less than 2%.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 year service cost? help