2 year service cost? help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:26 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
I just had a similar experience. Brought in my 2014 CS2 for the 2 yr service with 10k on the clock. First quote was $1200. After pointing out the low mileage, the price dropped to $525 for oil, filter & brake flush, (2) VIN campaigns/software updates + all the inspection stuff.

Had them replace the two particle filters (per the owner's manual) and they stuck me with $$225 in parts and another $75 in labor-such a rip off but I didn't have an alternative. So $300 for the two cabin filters. Next year when I'm at 15k miles, it should only be an oil change but it really shouldn't be this difficult to get fair minded service from a Porsche dealer. There are way to many people with similar experiences.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
In terms of the overall after-sales customer service experience, my interaction with Porsche's dealership service departments has been the absolute worst.
Their conduct is simply atrocious.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
They would like you to do as much unnecessary stuff as possible. As in everything else, competition and leadership are key.

ChuckJ

Old 04-30-2016, 07:31 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I am not one of those who just takes his car in and hands them a blank check to do a service. I refuse to pay them $1K to just look at the car. My '10 4S just turned 33K miles and I have done all of the service on it outside of the dealership. I do my own oil & filter changes (easiest car ever to do this on) and my own air and pollen filters - again very easy.

I am now looking for a good, trustworthy independent shop to do the next service. I am in the San Ramon Valley of CA.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:42 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
I trust Tirri Motors (Suffern, NY) with all necessary service work. The owner (George) was Service Director of a large Porsche, Audi, and VW dealership for twenty years; he finally grew tired of the Dealership's outlook when it came to fleecing their service customers and decided to open his own shop.

Luckily, a few of the "A" techs followed George, which makes many of us very happy