2 year service cost? help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 12:45 PM
ed312ly is on a distinguished road
2 year service cost? help

tried searching for a thread about this but couldn't find anything, just 1 year service threads.

my car is a 991 base 2014 model with 6500 miles on it (bought in nov 2013)

oil service light came on, spoke with dealer told me I'm due for 2 year service and quoted me $750 (houston) is this price good / fair?

thanks for your help!

Old 12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
mikeva will become famous soon enoughmikeva will become famous soon enough
about the same as what I paid last October for the same service.....

Old 12-17-2015, 04:04 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I know I wouldn't pay $ 750 for a 30 minute oil change....

Pretty easy to do yourself.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:39 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
2 year maintenance includes oil change, brake fluid change, they check and fill fluid levels, look at battery, visually check hoses, change windshield wipers, other sundry things - about $1200 in NY. Basically a rip-off.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:05 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Bought the oil and filter.
My son changed the oil at a local Indy doing a tech day for the Porsche club.
The Indy reset the light and looked the vehicle over.
I'll have them do the service next year, $550

Old 12-17-2015, 09:06 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
2013 4S, 33k miles

Old 12-18-2015, 11:02 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
In Dallas that service will run about $500

Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drcollie
I know I wouldn't pay $ 750 for a 30 minute oil change....

Pretty easy to do yourself.
I wouldn't either, but a two year service includes more than an oil change.

Old 12-18-2015, 04:19 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GS997S
I wouldn't either, but a two year service includes more than an oil change.
Not really, on a low mileage car? Oil and filter, brake fluid change (that takes 45 min to do yourself), they check for electronic updates and do any campaigns, and that's about it. That's not even enough miles to change the pollen or air filters.

Yes I know...check this, check that...blah-blah...you think they REALLY look at your battery?? lol. Here's a test. Next time you take your car in for service, pump up three tires to 5 psi over, and let one tire 5 psi lower. That's not enough to set off the TMPS warning. Then see if they come back the same way. My money is they do....

Old 12-18-2015, 05:27 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Mine cost $850.
Oil change, cabin and air filters and brake flush.. and a lot of "visual inspections".

Old 12-19-2015, 12:36 AM
CSK 991 C4S is on a distinguished road
These cars are straight forward to work on. Oil changes are easier then any car I've had in the past.

Just did my 40K service for $275 in parts and about 5 hours.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:05 AM
todd92 is on a distinguished road
Less than $100 and 1 hour DIY. Oil and filter, brake fluid flush, cabin filter change. That's the entire 2 year service. Oh, and of course the 'inspections' and the rubber stamp.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:12 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drcollie
Not really, on a low mileage car? Oil and filter, brake fluid change (that takes 45 min to do yourself), they check for electronic updates and do any campaigns, and that's about it. That's not even enough miles to change the pollen or air filters.

Yes I know...check this, check that...blah-blah...you think they REALLY look at your battery?? lol. Here's a test. Next time you take your car in for service, pump up three tires to 5 psi over, and let one tire 5 psi lower. That's not enough to set off the TMPS warning. Then see if they come back the same way. My money is they do....
You say "not really" and then go on to say that the two year service includes a brake fluid change. That was my point, the two year service includes more than an oil change only. I am not supporting the dealer's charges or saying what else needs to be done, or the value of the checks. I was simply responding to your first comment that the two year service was just an oil change.

Regarding your tire pressure dealer test, that is one thing my dealer always does. In fact, I have to tell them to NOT adjust my tire pressures when I take it in for service. I run partial load pressures (not comfort pressures), and they always fill them up to full load pressures for liability reasons.

Last edited by GS997S; 12-19-2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:02 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever you decide to do, find out what is included. I was shocked to find that on my very low mileage C2S (Had 8k miles at the time), the 2 year service amount they quoted me did not include a brake fluid change, so I told them to just change the oil and flush the brake fluid. They did so, and when I went to pick up the car they had not reset the service light. They argued that I had not paid for that service (no A/C filters, wipers which I never use, or inspections), but reluctantly reset it.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:19 AM
You know, I used to work as a professional mechanic at five different dealerships (not Porsche) when I was young. Our very favorite work tickets were ones like these - the two year service or 'checkup' as we were paid on commission, and could pop these in and out fast. When the customer had no complaint, it was just the fluids and a quick once-over - then out the door and onto the next one. If I could do 6 of these in a day, I was making real money. I know what's done on these checks...lol

Of course, that was all offset by the one car that sucked up your whole day on an electrical issue to discover a pinched wire where the customer boogered up the thing installing an aftermarket tach or radio or something. You can't charge them $ 800 to fix a pinched wire so those you had to eat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 year service cost? help