Plasti Dipped Emblems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:46 PM
Im4citadel is on a distinguished road
Plasti Dipped Emblems

I saw a fellow 991 driver that did it at a C&C and I had to try.

Called a friend to help and I must say...she looks good. Much better for the "storm trooper" look with the HRE's and the "S" jumps out and matches the calipers.

Couldn't be happier with such a small change. I feel like this is the way it should have come from Stuttgart.

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2016, 06:22 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
It looks great. I actually gave it a try myself and wasn't happy with the quality of my work. I couldn't mask it very well and there were fuzzy edges. What technique did you use?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
It looks great. I actually gave it a try myself and wasn't happy with the quality of my work. I couldn't mask it very well and there were fuzzy edges. What technique did you use?
Brad

We were meticulous.

Cleaned the entire badging with q tips and diluted alcohol in water.

We layered three times in black and ensured each run had no bubbles or wrinkles.

Than we wrapped all the black and singled out the "S" and went three layers of red on that and heated each spray in between.

Once we knew they were all nice and dry we had an exacto knife (which I don't think we needed) and an eye glass screwdriver attached with a pin needle tip (I don't know if that's what it is called but this was the best tool...the knife was just too big) and began to pull off the excess. The left over insides were carefully pulled with the pin and tweezers.

Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2016, 09:34 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Amazing job! I'll be knocking on your garage door this weekend!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:33 AM
Amazing job! I'll be knocking on your garage door this weekend!
Doors open😀

Old 01-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Really like it! Good job!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Very nice! Really like it! Good job!
TY! Not really a DIY guy but I gotta admit I was kind of proud of this one (probably one of the simplest upgrades in existence).

Old 01-23-2016, 02:21 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
You did a really beautiful job, my son did this on his Audi A3 and also my BMW and it took him a few tries to get it close to perfect but wow you went way further then he did. Awesome work !!

Old 01-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by af330i
You did a really beautiful job, my son did this on his Audi A3 and also my BMW and it took him a few tries to get it close to perfect but wow you went way further then he did. Awesome work !!
Thank you!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
Doors open😀
Where were you? I waited on the stoop for hours. I was so upset I came back home and plastidipped the emblems myself. It sure looks crazy bad when spraying on and then magically evens itself out. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It will be interesting to see how durable it is.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Where were you? I waited on the stoop for hours. I was so upset I came back home and plastidipped the emblems myself. It sure looks crazy bad when spraying on and then magically evens itself out. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It will be interesting to see how durable it is.
Very Nice!!

Yeah my heart was racing during the drying period too...