Porsche 911 R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
The 911R is sold out according to Autoweek and Motortrend. Got an email from both of them this morning. It will have the GT3RS 4.0 liter engine.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...%20Subscribers

I have been hounding sales manager yet he says all have been sold out and he'd be lucky to see one himself. 918 owners were the ones offered to purchase it first

Old 03-01-2016, 09:26 AM
sleepy will become famous soon enough
So in the context of the argument "it doesn't make financial sense for Porsche to offer a manual GT3/Turbo because only X number of people would buy them", how does it make sense to offer an entirely separate model?

I think Porsche's marketing knows what they are doing -- and that may be the way going forward. Stick shift on high end cars has to be a "limited model" to pump up demand.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:03 PM
loki is on a distinguished road
Prueninger breaking it down for you...

Old 03-02-2016, 05:10 PM
loki is on a distinguished road
Old 03-03-2016, 01:40 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Awesome! What will it sell for?

Old 03-03-2016, 01:45 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Awesome! What will it sell for?

My guess is close to $350k on the aftermarket (if anyone will part with one).

Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by White Rock
My guess is close to $350k on the aftermarket (if anyone will part with one).

$350?! You really think it'll go that high? I predict something closer to the $200k mark for now.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:24 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
To me, 911 R > GT3 RS (991). And look at the prices on those. They likely won't go that high because I imagine you won't see one for sale.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:40 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I am hearing around 180k.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:48 PM
My price comment was in reference to buying the car from the original owner. I'm hearing there are no open allocations. But yes, sticker is likely around $180.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:29 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Is it really already sold out due to the 918 people picking them up? As for pricing just go to the build page on Porsche configurator. I don't know what is the point if all allocations are taken.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
I've tried every Porsche dealer in Canada, and they are all sold out. In most cases they have more on the waiting lists than allocation for individual dealerships. I'm in the auto industry, so even tried my contacts (marketing VP's) for some larger dealer groups, and even they couldn't bump me up the queue.

So sad...

I feel I have myself to blame, as recently I stepped away from the forums - just too busy with work, and completely missed the mark on this one. Had no clue it was going to be in production.

...very hard lesson learned

regarding price, yeah its C$211k (base in Canada)

Old 03-04-2016, 10:49 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Its a shrine to the Porsche mentality

In a time where seemingly all auto manufacturers must succumb to technology that often numbs the driving experience, the 991R stands out a beacon of hope.

BMW had something genuine for 60+ years and then the brand delusion started as a byproduct of targeting increasing market share and they somewhat lost the plot (although the i8 is an homage to BMW core values much like the R but in a different content).

So, thank you to Porsche, its board members, executives, directors - many of them engineers, for reiterating what it ultimately important in a performance car - excitement. I read that Porsche engineers considered downsizing tire widths (relative to GT3/RS perhaps?) on the R to make the handling limits more accessible (a polite way of saying tune down the handling to make it more fun on the road - giving more of a sense of accomplishment when driving hard). I had a 997.2 and now a 991, and the wider front track, and longer wheelbase on the 991 give it so much more planted and stable handling, but... I think that many 911 drivers love that feeling of skittishness and lightness at the front that the 997 had much more of. It made the car more of an 'experience' to drive at low speeds (along with the hydraulic steering, and less taken windshield/dash that's more in your face).

Getting back to the R, of all the limited production cars they have produced, I think this one will stand the test of time and ultimately appreciate more in value.

What an amazing concept and a true accomplishment to get it to production in a world where even the 911 carrera is turbo charged - what what? LOL

DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 03-04-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM
This is a very exciting car to me, and everything I want in a Porsche, especially the engine. If only it was accessible!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 R