body shop los angeles - license plate holes

Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 AM
dphouse is on a distinguished road
body shop los angeles - license plate holes

hi guys,

has anyone here had their license plate bracket holes patched/painted at a body shop in los angeles before? I am thinking to have my front plate removed and have the holes from the brackets patched/painted on my white 991 c2s for aesthetic reasons. I was debating the bumper plug route but the dealer mounted bracket has too many holes for my liking.

any suggestions on shops and what the cost should be to do this?

thank you,
ns

Old 02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
If you are going that far, you may as well just buy a replacement bumper cover and have it painted. its pretty hard to repair plastic and when you get pulled over for no front plate, you can just switch bumper covers to get the ticket signed off.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:24 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with his recommendation.
I have never put a front plate on any of my vehicles PERIOD! trucks, SUV's or sports cars. To-date I have never been issued a violation for not having one either. Other violations, YES
I would get a new one and paint it.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 AM
Db750 is on a distinguished road
I am about to go pick up my 911 which has four holes from the previous owner. I have already ordered two sets up the bumper plugs for it, but I am also not very happy with this solution. I am going to give them a try until I find a shop I trust in my area, and who knows I may end up ok with them! It is most likely something only you as the owner will notice, but I am the same way and it would/will bother me too! I'll let you know how it goes when I get them!

Old 02-02-2016, 03:55 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dphouse
hi guys, has anyone here had their license plate bracket holes patched/painted at a body shop in los angeles before? I am thinking to have my front plate removed and have the holes from the brackets patched/painted on my white 991 c2s for aesthetic reasons. I was debating the bumper plug route but the dealer mounted bracket has too many holes for my liking. any suggestions on shops and what the cost should be to do this? thank you, ns

Call Sam. Top notch.

http://www.collisionbodyshop.com

Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 PM
The dealer installed the plate without my approval. Oh well. That was then this is now. A new bumper for a few small holes? That seems excessive and wasteful. I'll be taking it to a reputable shop to have it cleaned up and fixed properly. Thinking to have xpel ultimate done to the car as well.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 PM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dphouse
The dealer installed the plate without my approval. Oh well. That was then this is now. A new bumper for a few small holes? That seems excessive and wasteful. I'll be taking it to a reputable shop to have it cleaned up and fixed properly. Thinking to have xpel ultimate done to the car as well.
They can patch the holes and repaint. Don't worry. Follow up with Sam. He's posted on here a lot and they do awesome Porsche work.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:56 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Here is the thing, it is a violation and gives the cops a reason to stop you. Typically, if the police stop you, that means they are looking in your car as they speak with you as well as looking at you and checking you out. If you are 100% legit, then fine. In all likelihood they let you go with a warning. They will typically not write the violation because by not writing it, it gives the next cop a legal reason to stop you and have a look. So, if you are cool with that, more power to you. Personally, I do not ever want the cops to be stopping me and looking at anything. I am 100% legit, but I just don't want to be in that position.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by cairo94507
Here is the thing, it is a violation and gives the cops a reason to stop you. Typically, if the police stop you, that means they are looking in your car as they speak with you as well as looking at you and checking you out. If you are 100% legit, then fine. In all likelihood they let you go with a warning. They will typically not write the violation because by not writing it, it gives the next cop a legal reason to stop you and have a look. So, if you are cool with that, more power to you. Personally, I do not ever want the cops to be stopping me and looking at anything. I am 100% legit, but I just don't want to be in that position.
Yea, I know the drill. Learned ALL about that stuff in law school years back.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:53 PM
firstkill is on a distinguished road
front plates are a touchy subject.

Street parking in downtown will get you a meter maid ticket for no front plate
same with san Gabriel/Pasadena

Old 02-19-2016, 12:15 PM
StevieD'Santi is on a distinguished road
One of the more reputable shops in NYC advised before repainting my own bumper, that he will not patch due to customer issues that were caused when dissimilar patching material used resulted in unsatisfactory cosmetic blemishes over time.

Though the paint is designed to flex with the bumper, the patch material is not flexing the same and, in various climate changes, results in cracks and circles. I didn't do it for this reason.

_Steve

Old 02-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by StevieD'Santi
One of the more reputable shops in NYC advised before repainting my own bumper, that he will not patch due to customer issues that were caused when dissimilar patching material used resulted in unsatisfactory cosmetic blemishes over time.

Though the paint is designed to flex with the bumper, the patch material is not flexing the same and, in various climate changes, results in cracks and circles. I didn't do it for this reason.

_Steve
DC Autocraft is going to do the repairs and is offering a decent warranty in case things aren't perfect. They are known to do great work on exotics. Will see how things go when I get her back.