Just got my first 911 with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Db750 is on a distinguished road
Just got my first 911 with pictures

Hey guys, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself now that I have finally found my perfect 911. As you can see I joined this forum several years ago after driving my first 911, a 997s PDK, and deciding that I would like to own one myself. At the time I was driving a 2008 E63 M6 with the V10, and the 911 was the first car I had test driven in quite some time that I knew I had to have. This particular car sold before I could work a deal on it, and now for several years I have been casually looking on and off for the perfect car.

Six or so months ago I decided that I would once again begin seriously looking at 911s. This time I would focus on the 991 which I would either buy new off the lot or order to spec. I went to a dealer in Louisville, KY (Bluegrass Porsche) and had an excellent experience test driving a Cayman (which although I loved the looks and feel of the car was way too small as soon as I got in) and two 991 S models which I instantly fell in love with. The Sales Associate I worked with was great, and I began to work a trade deal with my M3. Unfortunately a few days later a girl made a left turn in front of me giving me no option other than to hit her head on and destroy the front end of my M3. The car was in the shop for almost two months which of course once again put my 911 dreams on hold.

For the last month or so I had been trying to trade my wife's 2015 M235i (which was rear ended while she was stopped two weeks before my M3 was hit) for a C63 507 edition. I had been to two dealers so far and had been getting absolutely awful numbers (50% depreciation in one year). I just so happened to decide to look at 911's for the first time in a few months last Thursday and I immediately saw my dream 911 (other than the GT3 of course) located just a few hours away at Midwestern Auto Group. I made the call and got connected to Harvey Ford in their High Line Sales division. Harvey was absolutely fantastic to work with and was nothing but a class act and 100% honest and transparent through the whole process. His initial offer on my wife's M235i was very low as well, but he packaged it in a wonderful compliment sandwich that made it sound so much better than the way the other dealers communicated the same numbers. Although the deal wasn't my dream deal, this was certainly my dream car, so I decided to take a little hit and move forward. In over three years of looking this was the most perfectly speced car for me and it was just a few hours away.

Harvey got everything squared away quickly for me. Monday night I stripped most of the mods off the M235i, and Tuesday morning my wife and I were on our way to pick up the new car! The showroom at Midwestern Auto was stunning; Aventador's, Hurrican's, a new 488 GTB amongst many other rare and beautiful exotics. Although my 911 may have been one of the cheaper car's Harvey has sold recently he did everything he could to make my wife and I feel special and appreciated.

When we arrived Harvey came outside to meet us. We shook hands and he took us through the showroom, past the Lamborghini's and Ferrari's, down an elevator into a basement room used to custom spec Rolls Royce cars. In this room was a meeting area with a table and four chairs adjacent to a shelf with drawers loaded down with all the leather swatches and paint samples available for Rolls Royce customers. There was also a Ghost, a Vantage, and my 911. I knew the car was perfect when I saw it.

We reviewed the car in detail and Harvey answered any of my remaining questions. After he showed us around the room a bit and explained what goes into specing a customers Rolls we headed back upstairs to sign all the paperwork and complete the deal. Harvey had absolutely everything lined up perfectly; there was no waiting or delays and everything went 100% as planned and discussed. As we were signing papers he asked me about my M3 and I told him it would be my wife's DD until the lease was up and that I was considering an M4 convertible for her this summer. He said well before you leave we will head over to our BMW dealer and I'll let you both drive one!

Overall the experience was first class. I ended up getting exactly the car I have dreamed of just slightly used (4,400 miles) at an excellent price, and I bought it from a dealer that treated me fairly and made the experience one that I will always remember. Through the years looking at these cars I have seen how hard it is to find one that is just right and this one is it for me! Going in there is only one thing I thought I may want to change; the Multifunction wheel for the sport model wheel, however now after getting used to the MF wheel I do appreciate all the added utility and ability to scroll through the menu's to the right of the tach.

Thank you to anyone that took the time to read this post! Although it was long I probably could have gone on for much longer! I will add some pictures of the 911 below as well as one or two of our M3 and the M235 we traded. Some are just simple cell phone pictures and others I have taken with my newly acquired GoPro. I am getting a little into photography and plan to purchase a better camera for still shots in the future if I end up using the GoPro enough to justify it.

The M235i
Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-20-12-57-38.png
Views: 95
Size:  864.6 KB
Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-20-12-57-21.png
Views: 152
Size:  685.4 KB

My wife's new M3 with one of my friends M5's
Name:  GOPR0238_4.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  260.6 KB

Last time I saw the ol girl
Name:  20160202_115900.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  248.5 KB
One of the few things that could distract me from going to see my new car
Name:  20160202_114510.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  268.6 KB
The Rolls Royce build room entrance
Name:  20160202_114332.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  170.5 KB
My new car!
Name:  20160202_114308.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  164.7 KB
Stop on the way home
Name:  20160202_151724.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  188.9 KB
Home at last!
Name:  20160202_174511.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  169.0 KB

A few of my new car. I was very lucky to have a beautiful day to drive around with the windows down yesterday

Name:  GOPR0633_1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  216.9 KB
Name:  GOPR0651.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  167.7 KB
Name:  GOPR0659.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  241.3 KB
Name:  GOPR0699.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  167.4 KB
Name:  GOPR0709.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  101.1 KB
Name:  GOPR0718.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  152.8 KB
Name:  GOPR0723.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  119.6 KB
Name:  GOPR0728.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  125.7 KB
Name:  GOPR0731.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  149.2 KB
Name:  GOPR0702.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  180.0 KB
Name:  GOPR0647.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  229.3 KB
Name:  GOPR0639.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  450.1 KB

Picture of our dog Izzy in the car. Whenever she is in the garage and you open a car door she will jump in thinking we are going on a ride. She jumped in and began sniffing around and then realized she had never been in this car and got this sad look on her face!

Name:  GOPR0761.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  325.1 KB

She kept slipping on the leather so she had to stand like this to not slip haha.
Name:  GOPR0766.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  339.1 KB

Finally here is the complete build on the car. As I said this is exactly how I would have ordered the car new other than the sport steering wheel in place of the MF wheel. I actually like the MF wheel so I may keep it, but will research other options. Other than that the car is pretty much perfect for me, and I do not plan on many mods. I will get the windows tinted and some clear reflectors. I may get some wheels in the future, but I really like the stock wheels for now!

031 - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension
0Q - White
176 - Sport Exhaust System
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
427 - 20" Carrera Classic Wheels
446 - Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest
603 - Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
640 - Sport Chrono Package
653 - Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
844 - Multifunction steering wheel
970 - Two-tone leather interior
998 - Natural Leather Interior
BH - Natural Leather Interior in Espresso/Cognac
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P3E - Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P3H - BOSE® Audio Package
XAA - Aerokit Cup
XEX - Bi-Xenon™ headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
XFJ - Instrument dials in White
XRP - Wheel spacers, 5 mm

Old 02-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Great story, great pictures, and above all, amazing new 911. She's gorgeous! Congratulations.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on that beautiful new ride! Very nice and well done.

I enjoyed reading your whole story and am happy to have heard of your dealer experience! They sound like a top notch, first class operation! From hearing your experience, I would seriously consider using them the next time I am in the market!

Have fun and drive!

Old 02-04-2016, 05:04 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!! very nice car and I am glad you finally found yours!
I think I found mine and it is a few states away! will see if I get to pick it up this time

Old 02-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Great write up and amazing car! Those pics of Izzy are too funny

Old 02-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I have to say I am absolutely blown away by how great this car is. There is only so much you can get from a test drive, and I am enjoying this car more than I thought I would, and I loved it on the test drives! I still can't believe I finally have the car, and I feel like I am on an extended exotic rental!

The car just feels so solid and well put together. From the steering, to the brake and pedal feel, to the engine response, and the PDK everything just works better than I could have imagined! The 911 takes the luxury from the M6 and blends it perfectly with the sport from the M3 and then takes both up another couple of notches for an amazing package.

Another thing I am very happy with that I was not so sure about going in is the technology interface and integration. On the test drives I focused mainly on the drive and didn't really even look at the screens other than to maybe turn down the volume so I could better hear the exhaust. Now that I have had a bit of time to learn everything I must say I really like Porsche's way of doing things! Having said that the navigation did take us an hour out of the way on our trip home, but I am assuming that may have been user error!

Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Great story, great pictures, and above all, amazing new 911. She's gorgeous! Congratulations.
Thank you! I am glad you liked the story and pictures.

Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Congrats on that beautiful new ride! Very nice and well done.

I enjoyed reading your whole story and am happy to have heard of your dealer experience! They sound like a top notch, first class operation! From hearing your experience, I would seriously consider using them the next time I am in the market!

Have fun and drive!
Thank you! Yes I would highly recommend Harvey at MAG. If you check out their website you will see that they have a very wide selection of Makes and Models to choose from. I will definitely be contacting him in a few months to see what he can do for me on my M3 lease end!

Originally Posted by KA 997TT
Congrats!! very nice car and I am glad you finally found yours!
I think I found mine and it is a few states away! will see if I get to pick it up this time
Thank you! It is very difficult to find "The One", but when you do you have to jump on it! Hope everything works out for you!

Originally Posted by vividracing
Great write up and amazing car! Those pics of Izzy are too funny
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I will share one more picture of Izzy. Here she is when she first jumped into the car. She was all smiles thinking we were going on a road trip until she realized she didn't know where she was!

Name:  GOPR0760.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  336.0 KB

Last edited by Db750; 02-04-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:52 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
I couldn't agree more with your great taste in cars! New and old.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Hey DB! Good seeing you over here. Your 991 S is sick by the way. If it hasn't already, that car will convince you that taking the bullet on the M235i was well worth it. Also, having experienced both, I think you may come to appreciate the conveniences of the multi-function steering wheel over the sportiness of the sport. At any rate, enjoy the hell out of your car!

Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 AM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Great car and congrats.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet 991!

Old 02-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
I couldn't agree more with your great taste in cars! New and old.

Hey Brad, I remember you from the 2 series forum on bpost! Good to see you over here as well! Your 2 and your 911 look great!

Originally Posted by Leslierc
Hey DB! Good seeing you over here. Your 991 S is sick by the way. If it hasn't already, that car will convince you that taking the bullet on the M235i was well worth it. Also, having experienced both, I think you may come to appreciate the conveniences of the multi-function steering wheel over the sportiness of the sport. At any rate, enjoy the hell out of your car!
Hey Leslie, once again great to see another "familiar face" over here! As usual I must say that you are right; it only took a few minutes in the 911 to know it was all worth it!

I am interested to hear more of your thoughts regarding the MF and Sport wheels. I assume that you have the Sport wheel in your GTS? My experience with the sport wheel was of course only during test drives, but here are my thoughts on the two:

Sport Wheel: Good - Thicker wheel, softer leather or more padding, better and more expensive look (subjective), and more natural placement of paddles. Bad - less control over the tech aspects of the car. In fact I do not know how that you control the little screen to the right of the tach with that wheel! I also remember that the actual throw of the paddle was longer than what I am used to.

MF Wheel: Good - Complete control over all aspects of the car, drive with one hand (I always drive in manual mode). Bad - Skinnier with less padding, less classy/expensive looking with large areas of plastic, odd placement of shifters although now that I have gotten used to them they are fine but not great.

If the steering wheel was a simple swap like on some of the BMW's I have had I would buy the wheel and switch back and forth if needed, but it appears that it is not and requires dealer programming which means that I will have to make my mind up one way or the other.

Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Great car and congrats.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Sweet 991!
Thanks!

Old 02-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Hey Db. You pretty much summed up the differences between the MF and Sport steering wheels. My GTS does have the Sport wheel and, on occasion, I miss the convenience of the MF; especially when it comes to controlling media. However, for vehicles with the Sport wheel, there is a secondary stalk to the right to control and manipulate the information screen (to the right of the tach). For the MF, there is a small wheel on the right that does the same. My wife's Cayenne has the new Sport wheel which marries the best of both...fatter wheel and control points.

On a different topic, have you tried Sport+ yet? Use it with the paddles and take yourself to new levels of driving joy!

Old 02-06-2016, 03:51 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Congrats on that 911 beauty, and the wonderful sales experience. That aerocup kit is really sweet, cognac/expresso is deluxe, and I've been pleased with my MF steering wheel.
Great car!

Old 02-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Leslierc
Hey Db. You pretty much summed up the differences between the MF and Sport steering wheels. My GTS does have the Sport wheel and, on occasion, I miss the convenience of the MF; especially when it comes to controlling media. However, for vehicles with the Sport wheel, there is a secondary stalk to the right to control and manipulate the information screen (to the right of the tach). For the MF, there is a small wheel on the right that does the same. My wife's Cayenne has the new Sport wheel which marries the best of both...fatter wheel and control points.

On a different topic, have you tried Sport+ yet? Use it with the paddles and take yourself to new levels of driving joy!
Oh wow I had not seen the new Sport Wheel! That is very nice. Definitely the best of both worlds.

Yes, I have tried Sports plus. In fact that is the mode I have used the most thus far! I am blown away by the level of performance this car has. I really can't imagine what it would be like with even more power in the GTS or GT3!

Originally Posted by fjpgt3
Congrats on that 911 beauty, and the wonderful sales experience. That aerocup kit is really sweet, cognac/expresso is deluxe, and I've been pleased with my MF steering wheel.
Great car!
Thank you! The Aero Kit and two tone leather were huge selling points for me!

Old 02-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Sport+ is addictive. Honestly, I don't want to use any other setting. The car seems most connected to my brain when in this mode.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.